Chapter 33

Lucy fidgeted with Nashi's blanket impatiently. No one else came to see her besides Natsu. She wondered if he told everyone not to bother her. Sometimes his protectiveness was cute but now, it's kind of annoying.

But then the door opened and closed quietly, and in stepped Erza. Lucy then remembered her pregnancy and her eyes widened, realizing that she accidentally leaked the mage's secret. "Erza," Lucy started but Erza hugged her, stopping her.

The blond looked at Erza confused. "Thank god you two are okay." Erza whispered. Nashi made a muffled sound from in between the two women and Erza pulled back, her hands on Lucy's shoulders. "I came as soon as Natsu called. Are you still hurt?" Her eyes were full of concern.

Lucy put her hand on her friend's. "Just a tiny bit banged up but," She looked down at the sleeping pinkette on her chest. "We're fine."

Erza sighed then sat down on the edge of the bed, facing Lucy. "I just interrogated one of the spell-keepers." She said and Lucy tensed up. "He didn't really give out any information on how he found Nashi but I'm sure Natsu'll get it out of him."

Lucy imagined the dragon slayer torturing the man. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to remove the image from her mind. "N-No one's gonna take her, right?" She held Nashi close.

Erza placed her hand on Lucy's which was wrapped around the infant. "We won't allow it." She swore with a smile. "We'll all protect her, I promise."

Lucy held on tightly to her friend's hand. "Thank you." She smiled through teary eyes.

Suddenly Lucy's face fell, and she took a glance at Erza's stomach before crying out. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm so so sorry!" Lucy bowed her head low. Nashi squirmed at her mother's sudden outburst.

Erza took the mage's hand into both of her's. "Lucy, relax. What on earth are you sorry for?" She eyed the blonde quizzicality.

"I-I told Natsu. He found out, I'm sorry I couldn't keep it secret like I promised," Lucy stammered, tears threatening to spill.

Erza stared at Lucy for what felt like an hour before shaking her head. "Lucy, I don't give a damn about that right now. I'll worry about it later, but for now I'm gonna stress over my friends and protect you while I can." Erza's hand armor on her right arm suddenly vanished in a beam of light. Her now bare hand cupped Nashi's cheek.

"I'm gonna protect the family I already have."