Chapter 24

Lucy felt the warmth on her hips be replaced with the cold air as Natsu quickly but somehow silently strode towards Erza who still had Nashi on her lap.

The dragon-slayer quickly scooped his daughter up into his arms securely and looked down at Erza then at Jellal before murmuring something to her that Lucy didn't hear.

"W-Well, I did invite him." Lucy heard Levy's quiet voice say behind her and she turned around, spotting the bride who was playing with her son's hands who was rested upon her hip and Gajeel, who stood over them both. Lucy realized that they were whispering but Levy had spoken up.

Gajeel's frown deepened but he nodded as he stood up straight. Slowly, the talking and music grew back to normal but most eyes kept glancing in Jellal's direction, who had started walking towards Erza.

Realizing that Nashi and Natsu had been near Erza, Lucy quickly made a beeline for Jellal's destination, walking up behind Natsu and putting a hand on his arm. Thinking he didn't even notice her presence, she watched Erza stand up and wipe her mouth, for there were still cake on it.

The mage put a grip on Natsu's arm, pulling him away from Erza and Jellal who had began talking. Natsu looked down at Lucy confused and his wife looked back up at him, murmuring "It's rude to eavesdrop, you know."

Natsu rolled his eyes at her response. "Yeah, well, this is important information that we need to eavesdrop on." He fought back.

Lucy shook her head. "Natsu, I know you don't exactly like Jellal but he changed. And you don't need to swoop around at their conversation." Lucy found herself disagreeing with her own words. She wanted to know what those two were talking about at the moment.

The dragon slayer huffed and they ended up sitting down at a random table, watching Erza and Jellal who walked around the dance-floor, not really talking.

The couple stared at them until Nashi interrupted their staring by cooing loudly and reaching towards Levy, who Lucy hadn't realized that was walking over with Gale in her arms. No wonder Nashi was making a fuss.

"Hey, guys." The bride smiled at them as she stood in front of them. "See the new couple?"

"Couple?" Lucy questioned, tilting her head to the side.

Levy chuckled at the blond. "Erza and Jellal. So far, that's the reception's theory and I'm believing it." Her brown eyes made their way to the two wizards still walking around the dance-floor before returning to Lucy and Natsu.

"Levy, they just got back together. And I don't mean together together." She added, seeing the glint in her friend's eyes.

"Uh," Natsu said, not looking at her. "You sure about that?"

Following her husband's gaze, she saw Jellal's arms wrapped around Erza's waist and Erza's arms around his neck as the two kissed.

"Oh."