2 : The Fall of Maria Part 2

"Well,I've stopped the bleeding. Just make sure the bandage is executing some slight pressure on the wound at all times." The medic said "now run along. the repair depot should have your ODM gear ready." "Thank you sir" Julie said. she walked out of the medic tent and headed over to the temporary repair depot workstation. She was zoning out, and passed right by it. her mind was on something else, or rather, Someone else. "Hey! Julie!" Umer ran up to her. "you missed the repair Depot. It's over there." Julie turned around, and bumped Him aside. "thanks.." she said as she walked over and picked up her gear. "Are you okay?" Umer said, in a worried tone. "Fine." Julie replied. she strapped her harness and restocked her blades. When she tried to walk away,Umer grabbed her arm. "If you wanna talk I have some time before I'm deployed aga-I SAID I'M FINE" Julie interupted with a shreek. she balled her hand up into a fist and punched him square in the face. Umer fell flat on the ground, his nose bleeding. "I'm fine." Julie began to walk away when Umer stood up and put his hand on her shoulder. Without even changing his tone, he said "You know why he did that don't you? Why I agreed to help him? we would have all been titan food. you were in no shape to fight, and I was too much of a damn coward to even protest to him.Tears filled his eyes. I Could have helped him! now he could be dead because of me! his tears turned into a full on cry. Julie finally turned around and knelt down to meet Umer's eyes. She softly said, with tears in her eyes "Its only been 4 hours. maybe he made it? what if hes alive, still fighting? If he is, I intend on finding him, and beating his ass for making me worry like this." she reached into her pocket and handed him a cotton ball and bandages. "You're gonna need these for that nose" she said. She attached her grappling hook to a building, and zipped back out into the chaos.

---MEANWHILE---

The Screams grew even louder. Titans were ravaging shiganshina. They were drawing closer in, Looking left, or right, they were everywhere. A heavy storm had set in, thunder rumbled and lightning flashed, but the battle still raged on "FIRE!" Lorenzo shouted. a barrage of cannon fire blasted titans heads and limbs off. "THEY KEEP COMING!" he shouted "FIRE AGAIN!" Shot after shot rang out, but even with severed heads, the titans continued to pursue their human craving. A fellow cadet running the cannons spoke aloud "There is just too many! and they keep coming even if they're headless! We cant keep this up any more!" SHUT IT AND FIRE AGAIN!" Lorenzo shouted back "WE HAVE TO HOLD OUT UNTIL THE EVACUATION IS COMPLETE!" A sudden scream flew behind them. a cadet, his uniform torn. his legs gone, crashed into the side of a windmill. blood splattered all over the clean white wall. A titan ran out behind the cannons. It picked one up and threw it at a group of soldiers. The squashed bodies splattered blood on the cobble road. Lorenzo glided onto a rooftop. He saw his comrades bodies slide into the mouth of the titan. "Why you...." He was interrupted by a streak of shadows that flew by him blood emerged from the titans neck as it fell to the ground. Toby landed on top of its head and look up at Him. "cant even take out one huh, Lorenzo?" he said. Lorenzo smirked "Wheres the back up wise guy?" he said as he descended from the rooftop. "you come alone?" "Look behind you." Toby said. The sky filled with soldiers streaking through the air. They landed and turned the cannons back over "You really think Mary would only send me as the last line of defense?" "Alright!" shouted a cadet supervisor "Load them up! we got a few 15 meters at 12 o' clock" Shots rang out. Titan limbs and organs falling to the ground. They just kept coming. "HURRY!" Toby yelled as he pointed a group of people towards the gate "GO! WE CAN'T HOLD OUT FOREVER!" "Toby!" Lorenzo shouted "Don't re close the gate! Some on else is coming! A blonde haired soldier ran up to Lorenzo. His uniform indicated he was from the garrison regimen. He held two children over his shoulders. one was lashing violently. "LET ME GO YOU COWARD! YOU LET HER DIE! HOW COULD YOU LET HER DIE?!?!" "Hannes!" Lorenzo exclaimed, "Whats the status on the wall" after catching his breath, he replied, "Destroyed....there is no way we can fix it with all this chaos." Hannes fled into the inner wall. the battle was so hectic the gate was closed while the fight raged on. minutes, then hours passed. the screams remaining in the wall grew quieter, and quieter...