Humanity's Downfall part 2

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! The cannons kept firing and firing. More people were sent flying into the air but came back down dead and splattering their blood over others as they fell. Mary swung herself up onto the roof. Her ODM gear groaned at the high speed. she landed on the building and knocked the shooter off balance. The culprit activated his ODM grapples. He whizzed away into the distance. "Not today!" Mary yelled as she quickly flew after him. Mary was in hot pursuit. She drew closer and closer to her target as she saw him toss something heout from his palm. A tiny ball exploded into a puff of pink smoke right in Mary's face. "AHHH! IT WONT CLEAR OUT!" Mary couldn't see anything. She lost her balance, sending her crashing face first into the dirt. By the time she got back on her feet the culprit was long gone. "WHY DOES ALL THE STRESSFUL SHIT HAPPEN TO ME?!?!?!?"

Umer raced up the side of the wall. His target rapidly firing the cannon. He zipped to the top of the wall, and slammed his blade handle across the guys face, knocking him unconscious. Umer tied the man up and carried him down to the ground by the destroyed rations tent. As Umer guarded the captive, ODM gear whined in the distance. Julie touched down with her target in hand. She threw the captive on the ground. "OWW! gentle!" he shouted. Julie pulled back his hood to reveal a pale face. "I don't think you are in the position to be telling me what to do. When Mary gets here you're gonna start talking. A few minutes later Mary met up with the others. She came back covered in pink powder and Mud. "What happened to you?" Umer said trying not to laugh at her Filthy Uniform. "Don't. ask." She walked over to the two men. "What are you getting out of attacking innocent people who have already been through enough trauma?" Mary tried to sound as friendly as possible. "Go to hell." the conscious man said. Mary's mood instantly turned. "Look smart ass, it has NOT been the best week. The titans took two thirds of our land. I watched half of my friends get eaten alive. Most stressful of all? YOU ATTACKING REFUGEES WITH CANNONS AND RUINING MY OUTFIT. Now, I have a lot of anger built up from this past week. I suggest to start talking. Unless....of course....you wanna walk away from this with one less testicle...." The man looked her in the eye. "Go. to. hell." Mary pulled a blade out of her stock, releasing her collapsible blades into one piece on her handle. she walked over and knelt down. The man's face quickly showed nothing but terror. "OK! OK! YOU WIN I'LL TELL YOU JUST DON'T VIOLATE ME!" 

Mary smirked and put the blade piece back in stock. "Good choice! now. what was the point of this?" The man sucked in a breathe and said "Boss'll kill me, but, there were two reasons. We were thinning the population. We felt as if it was our duty to help lessen the famine." Mary's rage burned inside her soul. she wanted to shove a sword through his neck. However, they needed answers. And She didn't think he'd talk much if he was...well, dead. Mary sighed. "So whats the second reason?"     "We were using the panic as a distraction." This spiked Julie and Umer's interest. "What is the distraction for exactly?" Umer butted in. "We planted bombs. in the medical outpost. infact they're gonna blow any minute now. killing thousands of injured scouts and garrisons would surely-" Mary grabbed a blade out of stock and thrusted it through the mans body. He gagged, coughing up blood as he slipped away.  Julie grabbed Mary by the shoulder. We need to get to the med-BOOOOOOM!" a giant explosion interrupted Julie. "THE MED CENTER!" Umer cried out. "TOBY IS IN THERE!" Julies heart stopped. Her ODM gear sprang to life. She joined the crowd of scouts racing to the scene.  Mary and Umer Zipped close behind. The medic center came into view. Flames were everywhere. blown up debris lay everywhere. And all The three could hear, were screams.