Humanity's Downfall Part 1

Toby jolted upright in a cold sweat. He looked around and noticed he was in a windowless room. Empty stretchers laid out to his left and right. He heard doctors speaking to somebody in the next room. "Please tell me he's alright! Please tell me I found him in time!" Toby recognized the voice...it was Julie...  "We've tended to his wounds. Not much else we can do until he wakes up. But I can tell you he will make it through this. He's lucky to have somebody that cares for him. It really is a miracle that he survived that hit. Most people would have died instantly." The doctor walked off. Toby tried to get out of the stretcher. His arm ached as he tried moving his cast. His vision grew blurry and his head ached. He tried to take a step but stumbled over and collapsed. His bandages restrained his joints. He collapsed, coughing up blood. Toby blacked out again and his body slammed to the floor. Julie heard his coughing and ran into the room. "TOBY! DOCTORS! PLEASE HURRY!" Doctors rushed in to find Julie cradling Toby's head in her arms as he blacked out.

Hours later, the doctors had stabilized Toby and had gotten him to regain consciousness. Julie sat in silence, clenching onto his hand. "You always know how to worry me." she finally said. Umer ran in through the open door. "Julie. they want us for refugee set up." "Be right there." Julie responded. she leaned  over and kissed Toby on the forehead. "I'll come check on you later."  Julie and Umer left for the area sectioned off for refugees of the attack. Citizens lined the streets. Scouts and Military police soldiers handed out blankets and rations. "THIS IS ALL WE GET?!" cried an older man, covered in dirt. His clothes were blood stained and his family stood behind him quietly. "I HAVE A FAMILY TO FEED! THIS LOUSY PORTION CANT FEED THE FOUR OF US!"  Lorenzo spoke up towards the raging man. "Sir. we have given you what we can for today. our famine was bad enough. Now we have lost all the farmland in wall Maria. There will be more food but we ask that you take what you can get for now until we can establish more farmland." Lorenzo took out a couple of his rationed loaves of bread and gave them to the man "This should suffice for today and part of tomorrow don't you think?" Tears began to run down the mans face. "You....would give all that up for my family? Please! We cant accept this." He tried to give it back to Lorenzo, but he insisted "I have plenty. the higher up in ranks, the more food I get. I have more than enough."     "Th-thank you sir..."  The family stumbled away. "Well would you look at that." Umer said. "His heart  is as big as a 15 meter." Julie replied. 

Just then, A big boom came from the top of a flat roofed building. A huge explosion blew up the rations tent. Lorenzo luckily left the tent to grab more rations when it hit. The crowd was in a panic. Julie looked up and saw a man cloaked in green hoods like scouts were given.  the had a defense cannon aiming straight down at the tent. Two more shots fired from other cannons near the area. The next two sent people flying and slam to the ground. refugees watched in horror as bodies blew to bits and guts and body parts flew across the streets. It was all out panic. "Umer! Julie!" Mary zipped in front of the two. "Whats going on here?"  "Some goons got access to the cannons! I see where the shots came from!" Umer spoke up. "I'll take that guy next to the one on to of the wall! Julie you take the one on the Outpost!"  "Then I guess  ill take the guy above us!" Mary replied. ODM gear roared to life. the three flew off to their targets. Meanwhile, Toby heard the cannon shots and knew something was wrong. He tried getting up again but was in so much pain this time he couldn't even lift himself out of the stretcher. His head began to ache again. his vision was become even more blurry than the last time. "Looks like i'm out of this one." He thought to himself "wouldn't be much help to them if i managed to walk anyway... I guess all i can do this time is hope they take care of this." Toby lay in the stretcher, listening to the screams... the horrifying, heart breaking screams that he now knew all too well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you guys are! another awesome chapter coming your way soon as well!!!