Chapter 1

I weaved through the stacks of boxes piled through the garage. After a few minutes of tedious work, I reached the door leading to the house. I opened the door to the wide open space. The counters were still there along with the cabinets, but no appliances or papers.

I walked through a few more blank rooms before reaching the staircase. After looking at walls that once held family photos and stray crayon marks, I reached the top of the stairs. I turned left and waltzed into my room.

The only thing left in there is two boxes. One is bigger than the other. I sat parallel to them and pulled my teddy bear out of the bigger box. I stared at it with a smile.

"Sup Mr. Snuggle-Wuggle-Bear." Yep, that's what I named him. Well, me and my brother's best friend Mason. He's the one that gave me Mr. Snuggle-Wuggle-Bear. He said he was going to give me a unicorn, but I've forgiven him. You know, after two years of princess tea parties with stuffed animals and such.

I sat and stared around the room for what must've been hours, because suddenly my mom came in the door.

"Hey Bella, the moving people are here. Close your boxes and bring them downstairs." I nodded in response and laid Snuggles in the big box before shutting both of them and carrying them downstairs.

I set the boxes in the garage and looked for my mom. She was talking to one of the moving guys, probably going over the route with him. I walked around the truck the other way and hopped into shotgun of my mom's car. About a minute later she hopped into the driver's seat.

"This is a day trip. We just need to get all the boxes in the house. We'll be sleeping at my sister's house. Is that okay?"

"Yeah mom. That's cool. How far is her house from ours?" She chuckled to herself.

"Like, half an hour. I don't really know. I just know how to get there from basically everywhere. It's the house on the opposite side of the street from where I grew up." I nodded, knowing the fact already. Mom shifted at my lack of a true response and turned the key, bringing the car to life. I changed the radio to a station I liked as we pulled away from the house.

----

We drove for hours, me changing the station every time the one we were on faded away, when we finally pulled into the city Mom said it was in. Quickly, she pulled to the side of the road.

"Bella," I turned to face her when I heard my name. "You know how I haven't brought you to the house before?" I nodded in response. "Well, don't freak out, okay? It's a special surprise."

We drove through streets, all of which lined in large, elegant buildings. All of which looked like houses, but were way too big to be houses, more like mansions. I looked into the front windshield as we turned left into a driveway. A gasp filled my lungs as I saw the beauty in front of me.

"What kind of raise did they give you?" Mom chuckled at me, then turned the car off. I pushed my hair back from my face as I stepped out of the minivan, my eyes never leaving the building in front of me.

"Go pick your room. Just not the one above the garage, that's the guest suite. The moving truck should get here in a few minutes. So be quick." I nodded absentmindedly before rushing through the beautiful wood door Mom just unlocked. I looked both ways before rushing up the stairs to my right.

I ran up and down the hall twice before deciding to actually go into a room. I looked through almost every room when I came to it. The one. When I opened the door the navy blue and royal purple walls screamed my name. I waltzed around it for a second, the only light streaming through the window. I rushed to the window and pushed the two panels open. I looked to the street and to the house behind ours with a pant. I pulled my hands away from the frame before letting out an excited squeal.

"Yeah, that was her. Okay, bye." I looked out my window to the source of the voice. My eyes falling to a window straight across from mine. Standing in the room was one of the most magnificent creatures I've ever laid eyes on.

Tousled dark brown hair sat perfectly on his head. A chiseled jawline that could cut any girls' panties off sat on his face. I glanced over his other beautiful features before coming to his eyes. A hazel and green sea stared back into mine. I snapped back into reality just as he began to notice my eye raping.

"You know, you're no Jared Padalecki, but I can deal. I guess I can imagine you as Jensen Ackles, but past that you're screwed." I turned away from his sexily scrunched eyebrows to see the moving truck pull up. "Mmkay, bye." I skipped away from the window and rushed back to the front yard. I stopped next to my mom and looked back to his window, to see him staring at me, he had his phone pressed to his ear. Boy am I glad I wore makeup today.

"Go behind the truck to start unloading, I have to make a work call really quick."

"Kay." I walked over to the truck, standing a few feet from the door. The man who drove the truck came to the back and unlocked the door. I looked around me, still in awe, as I heard the door open. I looked back when the noise stopped, and I lost all ability to move.

There, in the moving truck, was my older brother Toby, who I haven't seen since the Christmas before last. I stared in awe as he held Mr. Snuggle-Wuggle-Bear in one hand and a wrapped box in the other. I snapped into reality just as he began his rant.

"I cannot believe you'd let the moving company handle Mr. Snuggle-Wuggle-Bear. Do you know what would've happened if Mason was here? I come to give you a nice surprise to find out you mistreat the one thing that has kept you sane throughout your life. I guess we're both surprised." I stood and stared for a second longer before letting myself go.

"YOU'RE THE WEIRDEST BROTHER EVER!" I yelled excitedly as Toby stepped down from the truck. I practically tackled him with a hug. When I let go I pulled Snuggles from him and held the teddy bear close.

"Ohmygodimissedyousomuchwhydidiletthemeanmovingmenhandleyouimsostupidimissedyou." I whispered to the bear as Toby looked on in amusement.

"I'm guessing you thought you could go hours without him when you could've had him in your arms the whole time? Again?" I nodded sheepishly before kissing the bear's head. "Next time you want to do that, remember that you didn't stop bringing him to school until fourth grade. And even then you'd still bring him every Friday." I smiled at the memory before deciding to acknowledge the wrapped box in Toby's hands.

"What's that? Is it a present?" I drawled in a perky tone.

"Yes. And you don't get to open it until a special someone gets here." I quickly studied Toby's eyes before figuring out who was coming.

"Oh my god! All of them! This is awesome!" Them is referring to my brother's band. In it is him, Mason, Cecilie, Cameron, and Noel. The five of them have been a group since their freshman year of high school. Toby and Mason have been friends since they were in preschool, and Cecilie joined them in sixth grade. Cameron and Noel joined in the freshman year, completing the group. We all call Cecilie "Sissy" because I met her when I was four and couldn't say her name. Now it's the main thing we call her.

"How do you do that? I implied that one person was coming and you figured out that all four of my friends are coming. Just how?" I chuckled at his struggle to understand my ways.

"It showed in your eyes." After saying that I thought about the mysterious window boy's eyes. I looked back to his window to see he wasn't there.

"Let's go inside." I nodded in response and followed Toby inside. Who seemed to know exactly where he was going.