Ch.4 - Disco Diva

They met in Maddie's cabin over a basket of goodies. Everyone staring at the rice cake chips, no one really chewing. Maddie was worried about team morale. Never had the Glitz Gurlz been silent. As their leader she had to inject the spirit back in them. It was her duty!

"Ok girls. In just a couple hours it's the disco. We have to rock this out. I know disco is old, but even if we have nothing, we have spirit. We all know that Ree Ree was vital. But if she wanted out, there isn't much we can do about it. Yes, she was a team favorite with those tiny bones and feet. But let's look at the bright side. If she quit, those metal braces won't be deflecting the flashes from the photographers anymore."

Claudia began nodding her head and Maddie could see her putting on her game face.

"I just wish I knew why her and Jessica left. It's important we perform on Friday. Like, they should have said something before the cruise."

"I know Claud. But as Captain, I have to look ahead. Let's concentrate on having a blast at the disco. Maybe we can corner the lacrosse team and let loose."

At the mention of the lacrosse boys the girls finally started to chirp. Costumes were talked about, make up tips for old disco days were searched on google chrome. And excitement finally won out.

Maddie sat back smiling. She was so proud of her ability to spread spirit. And she had brought a pair of tight black bell bottoms and a red crop silk shirt and her Gucci boots. With a can of Cool Mist and a bottle of White Rain she was sure to own the dance floor.

The girls met in the hallway which was losing light quickly. Everyone looked fabulous with heels and flat hair in perfect 'Saturday Night Fever' style. They decided to walk in together and show their team spirit. That seemed important to the lacrosse team.

Holly had on purple spandex with a tie dye headband and white high heeled boots. Maddie put her at the back of the procession. She looked a little too on point.  She confessed that everyone she knew that had been on a cruise had witnessed a disco night and this rubbed Maddie the wrong way. No one on 'The Suite Life' had mentioned a disco.

In the dance room on deck the whole room swirled with chips of light that bounced of the glass tile disco ball. Captain hot pants wore an older looking uniform tighter than Lycra.

"Maddie, there he is, the Captain! Wowee how did ya get those clothes on!"

"Lol Claudia. Like, that's not even disco and I'm sure he knew about the disco night. Seriously, so not a spirit like thing to do."

Across the floor Dean and his gang were playing Hackey Sack with a rolled up ball of napkins. Maddie lead the team to where they stood.

"As an act of teamness, I think you guys should partner with us and get the dancing started, what do you think Dean?"

"Um, ok I guess. You guys cool with that?" 

The rest of the lacrosse team stood up and started nodding. Each guy paired up with a girl. There were 4 extra guys who decided to be fill ins when someone wanted to switch.

Dean took Maddie's arm and they went to the middle of the floor. Maddie was glad she didn't sweat, but could feel the clamminess of Dean's hands in her own. It made her happy. Not because he was a sweaty person, but knowing he was nervous made her feel upper handed.

After a bit of dancing, they stopped and went to get some spiked punch. Dean drank a few glasses (probably from sweating out his moisture) and asked Maddie for a moonlight stroll. They went out into the cool evening breeze and sat in the lounge chairs under the bright moon.

Dean began scooting his chair next to hers and in no time they were making out like junior high kids behind the bleachers. Maddie was impressed with Deans kissing skill and hoped he would be captain like, and go for the gold. She draped her leg over the small of his back to make sure he knew she was interested.

"What the hell Maddie. Are you wearing cleats or Spurs?"

"What are you talking about? I'm wearing boots with a small heel. You have a shoe fettish? That is so weird."

"I don't have a shoe fettish! Something just stabbed me in the back. Right when you put your leg up there."

"Don't look at me, these are Gucci. They don't leave spikes sticking out."

"Maddie, I think I need some help. I'm feeling cold, and it hurts. More than when I broke my ankle in lacrosse. And that was killer."

Maddie was annoyed with the turn of events. How were things always ruining her good times? She decided not to let a muscle cramp ruin her night. She was a Captain!  She knew how to push people past pain into victory.

"I'll warm you up Dean. It's dark and quiet and you probably have a cramp. Suck it up cupcake."

She kissed him hard at first until she felt him kissing her back. She moaned softly to try and match his yelps (which weren't romantic at all). When she felt him relax she finally felt like she was getting somewhere. Only he was a lot of weight on her tiny frame.

"Dean, your heavy, lean up a little. Seriously, your crushing me. Omg. Get off I can't breathe".

She pushed Dean sideways with her whole body and finally he fell off to the side unmoving. 

"Dean?  Dean?  What an idiot!  Did you really pass out?  I am so over immature boys who have to be drunk to have courage. Don't call me!"

Maddie went back in where the disco was. Out of that situation faster than a chubby girl in dodge ball. Her mind couldn't help but wonder how on earth Dean ever got Captainship! She shook her head and and cleared her thoughts. There were plenty of other boys on the floor and the night was young!

***************************************
Poor Dean. He couldn't handle the pressure or awesomeness that is Maddie.

And is Maddie right and disco dead forever?   Say it ain't so!

Feel free to leave a comment or make the star shine!!  Everybody likes shine!!