Ch. 8 - Syrup covered madness

Maddie worked the girls hard in practice. Perhaps harder than she should have. But they needed to get out anxiety and burn off the pancakes she promised them. She knew they'd eat like piglets and the be sluggish for the afternoon.

The pyramid was now a bust. There weren't enough girls left to complete anything that looked remotely like a symmetrical shape. Unless you counted a circle, which she didn't. She instead made them do back handsprings landing in a strong split in half circle formation with her in the center. At least the people would be led to look at some thing grand in the finale: her!!

When they got to the dining room she led them quickly past the breakfast buffet. God knows she should have given them drool rags first. She could hear them groan in chorus. They chose the table to left of Captain Hot Pants. He sat with a blonde who could easily host drag queen bingo on the game deck. Maddie recognized her as Cassie the cruise director.

Claudia's stomach began groaning as the Captain's table was served.

"For God sakes Claud. Chew a napkin. Fill it up before it becomes its own entity and leads you around like a goat chewing everything in sight."

Claudia chewed her napkin slowly, savoring the plunk of the heavy weighted paper as it hit her empty stomach. The waiter came over to take orders. All the girls began talking at once and his smile disappeared like cake at a weight watchers meeting.

Maddie raised her hand and everyone silenced. All eyes pleadingly looked toward their queen bee for the hope of a scrap. Just how she liked them.

"Each of the girls will have half of a short stack. No butter. Sugar free syrup. And 6 ounces of orange juice with 4 cubes of ice. Myself, a one egg white omelet with dry wheat toast, hold the toast."

The waiter stopped his chicken scratching in his Barbie sized notebook and stared at Maddie.

"So you don't want the toast?"

"Is it your first day little man?"

"No ma'am. But you ordered a single egg white omelet with toast, hold the toast."

"Yes dimwit. You can recite. Very good. But can you comprehend. That seems to be the question here right? Perhaps they hired you for your good looks. In which case, I understand your disability. Those shorts are so short and tight perhaps they are cutting off the circulation to your only thinking member. Is that it?"

"Umm, no ma'am. I'll bring your orders out right away. Thank you. I think."

He walked into the kitchen pulling his tidy white shorts down just a bit. Maddie thought of how noble it was for the cruise to have so many mentally deficient on the payroll. Perhaps some of her girls would be part of that special needs program one day.

The food arrived and the girls wiggled in their chairs like baby birds. Mouths moist with anticipation. Eyes shining like Christmas morning. Maddie was so proud. When the plates were clean (except for Maddie's - she hated eggs). They went to the rooms to change for a poolside game of spin off. Maddie would have much rather planned the activity of the dumping tonight but knew she needed these ducks lined up and obedient. Like toddlers, they needed to be exhausted to stay focused.

She brought her favorite book '666 a psychological thriller' by Ann Writes to the poolside. Someone needed to be sharp witted and keep her mind focused and as captain, that job was hers.

Once the lacrosse boys showed up, the game of spin off was cast aside and Maddie watched them flirt with the pride of a mother lion. Each girl had lost weight since boarding and they all seemed much more confident if it weren't for the thinning hair and sluggishness they would almost fit the image Maddie wanted.

Soon A.J. The new interim captain had pulled up a chair next to hers. He watched the water play for a while and Maddie noticed he couldn't help eyeing her long bare legs glistening in the sun.

"Hey Maddie. Your squad seems to be a lot smaller. You making cuts early this year?"

"Yeah A.J., God and I have a deal. Whoever makes it off this boat breathing and with ten fingers and toes gets to stay a Glitz Gurl. Of course not. Tragedies are everywhere you know! Your team lost its captain. That's pretty awful if you ask me. At least if there's a leak in the ship the caption knows how to deal with it. I'm sure my girls would trade their own mothers and all the members of the team for me."

"Don't be sore about it Maddie. I was just horsing around. Trying to start a conversation. Your looking hot today. I was wondering if you'd want to get together later. Maybe sit under the stars and make out?"

"Sure. But it has to be early Like eight. The girls and I have a team building exercise about ten.   We can meet you and the guys if you stay on deck. We can all get together and have some fun then you and I can take off from there. But don't drink ahead of time. Your previous Captain disgusted me with his lack of ability to hold his liquor. And make sure you shower! I'm not rubbing up with a sweaty hobo contestant."

"Sure thing Maddie. See you at dinner. Mind if me and the guys save you and the gals some seats?"

"We're skipping dinner tonight. Deniese has some protein bars squirreled away. We had a late breakfast."

Maddie gathered up the girls and away they went. It was time for 'Pretty Little Liars' and getting ready for a very big night. A booty call and double body dump. At least it was all calorie burning. At this point she wished she had let the girls have real syrup. They were going to need some stamina.

********************************************
Next up- it chopping block time again.
Who?
How?
Don't ask me I only write the stuff!!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment and vote.  Or don't. Maddie isn't president (yet).

Thanks to EmilyOja for helping me look cool - (with your uber slang). You may be my daughter, but you are totes more awesome than I ever hope to be.