Chapter 15: The Finale

Maddie had been working all day with the team. The four lacrosse boys that had made the cut were surprisingly good at cheer. She had hoped A.J. would have been one of them, but Jessie had to be mid tier (as a girl) and as good as A.J. was at the horizontal mombo, those giant feet of Jessie's made A.J.'s arms shake when pyramid time came. Maddie couldn't have a jello armed piece of boy candy holding a deflated pyramid on her conscience. 

Surprisingly he didn't take the cut badly and had been sitting in the back sending Twitter feed of how great his team was for  'rescuing cheerleaders in distress.'  Maddie had unfollowed him an hour ago when she got a tweet consisting of a close up of her thong. She abruptly confiscated the Glitz Guys cell phones to prevent more pyramid pictures.

When she was finally happy with the performance she dismissed the team for two free hours before dress rehearsal and the show. That would give her just enough time to slow dance mattress style with A.J. and get her look on point.

Claudia went to the pool with the rest of the Glitz pack and had her arm snugly around Terrance the new cheer caller. A surprisingly strong string bean originally from Wyoming. He was quiet and cute and understood almost everything Claudia said. Claudia couldn't stop calling him Cody and said it was fate that he was a twin. Maddie thought his inbreeding probably gave them matching iQ's and was happy Claudia found someone worthy of her Cleopatra look. (She didn't bother telling Terrance it wasn't in reference to the town in Wyoming, but a teen show about twins on a boat).

When A.J. walked in to the room Maddie had to catch her breath. He had just come from a shower and his skin was pink and his shoulders glistened with water dripping from his hair. She wrapped her long thin legs around him and he carried her to the bed. Together they played twister (without the game board) and both came out winners.  A.J. Propped his head on her stomach and gave her his best smile.

"Maddie, will I see you again after tomorrow?"

She got up from the bed and grabbed her shampoo and special cream rinse made from virgin seaweed from the pond at the tip of the Swiss Alps and a bar of soap hand made by Munks in Italy. As she headed to the shower she stopped to kiss the top of his head.

"Of course you will. I'm going to be on the cover of hundreds of magazines soon. When you see me on Forbes, you'll know that's the last time. I'll have married my millionaire, had my two perfect children, and own a handful of companies all specializing in cheer equipment. The companies will all be called 'Glitz Spirit'."

A.J. Smiled. "Maybe I'll be that millionaire."

Maddie frowned. "Your not the millionaire type A.J. Your sweet and cute and in good shape."

"That didn't stop my dad." He threw his arms up and added a scowl for good measure. Maddie couldn't believe how adorable he looked while angry.

"Your dad? Your dad is a millionaire? What's his name?" She set her toiletries on the bed and paid attention.

"Earnest. Earnest Whitmore Stallword. He is the inventor, owner, and distributor of Cool Mist."

Maddie looked at the bottle of Cool Mist on her dresser. And back at A.J. Who had suddenly gained a thousand bonus points in looks.

"Holy crap!!" She jumped on the bed next to him and shook his shoulders.

"Cool Mist?!? Cool Mist?! Your dad is responsible for making atomized spray from the fountain of youth iceberg?"

"That's him. I only came on this cruise to meet you. I was there for the Cool Mist sponsored photo shoot. Your body got my attention but the way you put everyone in place and ran the show, that hooked me. I've never been able to get you off my mind."

A.J. sheepishly stared at Maddie's breasts. She grabbed him by the chin and planted an excited kiss on his lips. "This is fate."

Despite running low on time she found herself unable to leave the bed without a round two. It was a perfect Tumbler moment she would remember forever.

That night the show was Glitzy and bright. A.J. took photos for Instagram and the pyramid was on point. When it was time for the 'Goodbye Glitz' cheer Maddie took her rightful place at center stage.

In the warm glow of the spotlight her eyes caught a flash of motion running up the aisle. Cassie, the manwoman cruise director, was heading her way at yeti speed with a knife raised over her head.

"What have you done with Chad!" She screamed as she clamored on stage. Her eyes were red and blotchy and spittle hung from her androgynous jaw line. Maddie could see at least twenty years of skin damage and a unibrow that screamed for mercy. She slowly backed up while her mind screamed for an exit. She thought about how Kelsey from her recent read "Trapped" by Sally Mason would handle it and decided to stand her ground.

From the sidelines she saw her team, small and unworthy of booty shorts, but still hers and found the spirit to move. She nailed a double back handspring and kicked Cassie right below the chin knocking her backwards. She grabbed her always present personal sized Cool Mist bottle which she kept velcro'd to the stick of her Pom Pom and sprayed Cassie in the face.

Cassie grabbed her eyes and started rolling around the stage screaming. The curtain slowly came down and Maddie felt A.J.'s strong arms wrap around her.

"Cool Mist saves the day", she said clutching his waist.

"No Maddie, you did. Your one heck of a woman."

The Glitz Gang nodded in their bobble headed way in agreement. Maddie straightened her shoulder and put on her megawatt smile.

""I'm Captain of the Glitz Gurlz, and Glitz Gurlz shine. It's what we do. Now let's go do that Goodbye Glitz cheer!"

A.J. tied up the cheer director and added the twisted finale to Vine. He sat on the manwoman for good measure and made sure to Tweet it live stream.

When the cheer ended and Maddie nailed her center stage splits the crowd burst into applause and the Glitz Girls (and temporary guys) ended their trip with Glitz!

********************************************
Follow up: Maddie and A.J did get married two years later. Their wedding broke Twitter, Tumbler, and Pintrest.  It would have broke Instagram but Kylie Jenner got a tramp and let's face it, some things take priority.

Claudia moved to Wyoming with her cowboy "Cody" (aka Terrance) and gave up the Cleopatra look. She is now running her own reality show called "Claudia's Bits."

Jessie took over as cruise director and is currently chasing the new Captain of the ship Heathrow. (Whose size 12 shoes make Jessie feel petite).

The Glitz Gurlz all became advocates for beauty awareness and get together monthly to teach elementary school children how to look on point with YouTube tutorials on all things Glitz.

The former cruise director, Cassie, was deemed insane and blamed for all missing persons and the murder of the actual ship captain. Whether he/she went to a male or female prison is still unknown to Maddie.

*****************
Thanks a million for sharing this ridiculous journey. I have written purely with fun intended and all jokes are meant to be in satire. Although I was never a cheerleader, I understand it is a sport and they are intelligent people who are driven to achieve. The goals of Maddie do not reflect my own. I married a teacher and am a nurse with 2 semi-perfect children and a very bossy dog. My water comes from the tap, and my soap from Target. ;). Have a very glitz filled day!