Chapter # 3: Hidden Secrets, Now Unveiled

I arrived at the Orphanage. The building was old and wrecked and the doors were broad. The building also contained tiny windows surrounded by broken frames.

Around the Orphanage was a beautiful garden, full of vast varieties of flowers and bushes.

The garden has always brought life into this ancient building and right now, that's what I needed most after my great loss.

I entered the Orphanage and on my right was supposedly Mr.Norman.

He welcomed me with a warm smile on his face and told me that Miss Lola was waiting for me upstairs at the Office.

I appreciated the kindness in his tone and moved up the stairs.

As I proceeded, I heard the squeaky, vibrant noise the stairs made while my weak legs shook as I was still in a state of shock.

Where the stairs came to an end, I noticed a beautifuly lit waiting room with smoothly polished wooden ground and furnished with the finest Spanish couches and Turkish carpets.

The room seemed so decent and well organised, something I'd most probably feel comfortable in.

I moved towards the Office with rage and hate towards Miss Lola.

I always thought she was good, but what she's done was low of her, or rather, what she's not done, and that was ditching Sally's funeral.

I reached out my hand to the door knob, but before I could twist the handle, I moved my ear closer to the door instead.

'' What do you mean the drugs haven't been exported yet?'' Victoria Freeman, the owner of the Orphanage exclaimed.

'' The order's been delayed maám.'' Miss Lola said. I knew she was up to something.

'' I NEED THEM NOW. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! TELL ME!'' Victoria scolded with fiery and rage.

'' It is not my fault, please don't hurt me. I did what you ordered me to.'' Miss Lola pleaded with a shaking voice, on the edge of crying.

Suddenly, the door opened, and I stepped further away from the door tripping backwards onto the ground.

A man with a wide grin on his face pulled my wrist with force and injected me with what seemed like a clear substance. Before I knew it, I lost consciousness.