Chapter 10

Our lips parted. My few seconds of bliss were over. I stared into his eyes, stunned by what had just happened.

"I'm sorry Krissy, I just couldn't help myself. I knew I cared about you, but I guess I care about you a little more than I thought I did," he said, half laughing. The kiss was amazing but you were still frightened because of the recent events and you weren't exactly ready to fully trust anyone yet.

But now to address the big problem, what the fuck am I going to do. I can't tell Harry everything and I definitely can't tell his who it is or I'm done for.

Hah, let's face it you're done for no matter what. Its about time you leave, you stupid waste of space.

Ugh, shut up! I don't have time to deal with myself right now.

Harry looked into my eyes concerned. I could tell he was stressed about this whole situation. He seemed so on-edge from the whole thought of me being hurt. I'm flattered and I really do care for him, but as he said, I think I might like him a little too much. Jake and whoever or whatever he'll throw at me can hurt me a lot, but Harry has the power to hurt me much more. I don't like the idea of someone having my heart. I've been broken before and it is much worse than any physical pain there is. I've been broken too many times and I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

I still am broken and I'm waiting for someone to save me from myself.

A tear rolls down my cheek as I continue to overthink everything as usual. Poor Harry, He has to deal with this mess of a girl and all the problems that come with me. He doesn't deserve that. He places his hand on my shoulder. Wow, I didn't realize until now how much I was shaking. Harry seemed to notice too. He pulled me into a tight hug and I began to cry on his shoulder. I've been strong for too long and I have to let it out before I do something stupid.

"Shhh, shh. It's going to be okay I promise. I won't let anyone hurt you" he said, rubbing my back trying to relax me. Honestly, the words would be relaxing but the whole back part just made me more tense. Hah, I'm pathetic. I can't even accept this sweet gesture without getting uncomfortable now. I'd blame Jake for all of this, but in reality, it's my fault. I was the one who dated that bastard in the first place. He was sweet at first. In fact he was the guy of my dreams in the beginning. He was sweet, polite, funny, and attractive. People warned me, saying that he was nothing but trouble. At the time, I thought that there was no way that could be true. I stayed with him and as time passed, he gradually wanted more and more of me and became very demanding. He developed a horrible temper and eventually became who he is today, an abusive, relentless person. I should've listened. I should've got out of the relationship when I had the chance. If I wasn't so oblivious, maybe things wouldn't have gotten to where they are today.

Haha, please. You'd find a way to fuck things up like always. You are a pathetic mess.

I tried to push the voice into the back of my head, though I know that what it's saying is true. I must've soaked Harry's shirt by now. We pulled out of the hug and I looked at his shoulder. Oops.

"I'm sorry," I sniffed.

"It's okay, I have other shirts" he chuckles.

"No, I mean sorry for everything. It's so unfair that you have to deal with this mess. It's not your problem, it's mine. I'm not dragging you into this, you'll get hurt," I said.

"Hey, don't apologize for anything. None of this is your fault and the stupid asshole who hurt you needs to be taught a lesson. I'm making this my problem. I said I won't let anyone hurt you and I intend to keep my word. I won't get hurt, I'll be fine. I can tell you're not too keen on the idea of letting someone in but it will help you. You have to stop bottling things up lovely. I don't even know you that well but I already know that I have undeniable feelings for you, that you are one of the strongest people I know, and that you can do this. It'll be alright. But honestly, are you really scared for me to get hurt, or are you scared of getting hurt?" Harry said. I can't say I agree with most of what he said.