Chapter VII - The Vow

A while later, Piper woke up early in the morning. She blinked slowly, adjusting her eyes to the luminosity again. She noticed Aerrow still asleep, his head nearly touching hers. She softly stroke his cheek.

"Aerrow? It's time for another healing session." - she told him.

He blinked tiredly and yawned, stretching his neck and arms.

"Are we there yet?" - he asked.

"No, but we'll be soon, so I have to give you another session before we arrive." - she explained to him.

"Alright." - he said as he moved to his left to give her more room.

She picked the nil crystal up, absorbing some energy from it which made her hand glow. Aerrow actually removed his shirt so she could properly apply the healing aura. She blushed a little but did what she had to do. She touched his chest, emanating the glowing green waves from her hand into his skin. He closed his eyes as he felt his rib solidifying on the rest of the rib cage. That was such a relieving sensation.

"Okay. We're done for now." - she said while she placed the nil crystal back on her pocket.

"Thanks, Piper." - he said as he held her other hand.

"It's the least I can do after you've saved me twice." - she shrugged sheepishly, her cheeks growing rosy.

"I'd save you a thousand times if it was needed." - he said as he smiled at her - "I'm glad that I met you. You... Mean a lot to... Me."

"Aerrow... Thank you, I..." - she said softly, completely in awe with his words.

She couldn't think of what to say. She was pretty much speechless. He had a way of making her heart warm up and beat faster that felt so... Right. She didn't know how to define that, but they had a bond, a connection. They looked at each other, their eyes locked together in a deep stare. They searched each other, trying to guess what the other was thinking, trying to speak with their gazes. The boy moved his free hand by her bangs, pushing them to the side so he could see her better. His hand rested right behind her head, almost as if he were cupping her face. Her hand clenched a little against his chest.

Caught up in the moment, both squinted their eyes a little and leaned in slowly. Their eyelids were shut as they moved their heads closer. Their lips puckered slightly while their faces were positioned in front of each other, inches away. They could feel each other's breath. Radarr suddenly woke up and looked upwards at just the right moment. Oh my! C'mon! Just a little closer! He cheered in his mind.

But when their lips were about to touch, the old man that piloted the ship walked in, the sound of his steps and the door opening startling them. They immediately backed away from each other and tried to look casual. Boy, was that awkward...

"We're about to arrive at your destination." - he told them, unaware that he had interrupted something.

"Oh... Thank you." - Piper said - "It was an honor to fly with you, sir."

"You are too kind." - he chuckled a little.

The man bowed down and left. The two younger ones exchanged glances.

"Well, guess we should get ready." - the Sky Knight said as he stood up, then he offered his hand to her so he could pull her up.

She nodded while she gratefully accepted his help. They walked towards the bridge, to meet with their pilot again.

"Ah, here we are." - the man said.

The other two looked through the window. They saw a Terra getting closer, and then they could see a really huge group of people waiting for their arrival: it was the Sky Knight army.