-Ch 28: Meals + Feels.

CHAPTER TWNETY-EIGHT: Meals + Feels.

“But do you remember when you used to sing in the shower all the time? What happened to that?” Niall laughed loudly as he recalled a time frame that seemed a whole other world away. I bit my lip, my embarrassment splashing over my cheeks in a very attractive shade of crimson.

“I woke too many people up because I apparently don’t shower at ‘normal’ times.” I admitted, “and plus I realised I really, really, can’t sing and my dreams were horrendously crushed by that problem.” I added sarcastically and Niall smirked at both my statement and the picture he held in his palm. We’d gathered all the photos we could find that lingered in the crevices of drawers and cupboards and were currently placing them into suitably classified albums.

“Well for the record,” he began, placing the photo down and turning to me. “I think your singing is brilliant.” He chuckled, throwing his arm around my shoulders and dropping a kiss onto my forehead.

“You think I’d get signed?” I asked, smiling jokingly.

He raised his eye-brows, “Is that even a question? Definitely.”

“It was rhetorical, obviously.” I laughed and Niall furrowed his brow.

“What does that mean?”

“It answers itself, the answer is obvious.” I informed him and he nodded.

“Oh,” he said, in a shocked, childlike kind of way. “I’m gonna use them all the time now.”

“Okay, have fun.” I encouraged and he grinned.

“I will…Hey when do you think this was?” He enquired, fishing a smaller, less qualitied photo from underneath a pile of better ones. It was kind of dark and grainy, I looked different, that was an understatement. I looked paler, with less make-up and natural hair that was parted slightly to the left, and clipped with gold hair grips out of my face. Although my mascara was applied in a greater abundance than the rest of my make-up, I still looked younger, and childlike.

“I don’t know but I think it needs to go.” I said, making a grab for the photo, Niall was swift with moving it out of my sneaky fingertips, ready to dispose of the past image.

“No it doesn’t, it’s lovely.” He joked, holding the photo above him, he smiled fondly at it.

“No it’s not, I look about nine.” He laughed, looking from me to the photo.

“Nah you don’t look that different, you’d just have to part your hair like this…” he began, his fingertips flipping my hair this way and that to achieve a different parting. “And then mess it up a little like this, and then clip these bits back.” I stared at him with a blank face as he did all this. “And then get rid of some of this,” he continued, wiping the pad of his thumb over my cheek, removing some make-up.

“Okay we can stop that now.” I complained, pushing his hands away as I altered my hair back to its original state.

Niall laughed, messing it up as I tried to tame it. “Stop, your hair isn’t exactly the same either.”

He looked to the photo then smirked, “It’s flat and I am not ashamed, I look good with any hair, whereas…” He cringed, looking from me to the photograph. “Awh I’m joking, don’t cry,” he cooed, throwing his arms around my body and hugging me close to him, squashing me.

“I’m not crying.” I mumbled bluntly and he laughed.

“It’s okay babe, I think you look beautiful.” He said, pressing kisses to the top of my head. I smiled, tipping my head back slightly to look up at him.