-Ch 38: Camping + Visitors.

[ this isn't edited and it's so long but it's almost half one in the morning and i need to sleep so in the morning i might split this into two parts ok idk so don't rat at me for it being extremely long like just don't read it all in one go if you don't like it]

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: Camping + Visitors.

“You’re going camping?” Harry repeated, his full rosy lips twitching into a smirk. He looked at me, his chestnut eyebrows raising as laughter threatened to slip through his mouth.

“Yes, so if you could kindly find us the tent, that’d be great cus’ we ‘ave a tight schedule to make.” Niall replied in all the seriousness he could muster. Seemingly, he was the only one who didn’t find this situation slightly unbelievable.

“I don’t know if I can do that until I’m convinced Ashley is actually going camping.” Harry continued, laughter erupting in bursts between his words. He seemed to find it so genuinely funny I was beginning to wonder if I was supposed to take offense.

“You watch it,” Niall warned, pointing a finger at him. “It took great lengths to convince her to come, don’t you undo all that work.”

“I think I’m about to undo it for myself.” I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest. Niall simply smirked at this, keeping his gaze on Harry.

“Right,” Harry coughed, sobering up his laughter. “I think it’s in the loft, follow me” So that’s what we did, Harry began up the stairs. I hadn’t been here in a while, it felt somewhat different, I didn’t know why though. “You do realise,” He continued as we followed him through the house. “That after an hour or two Ashley will realise that sleeping on the floor is nowhere near as comfortable and sleeping in a bed, and she’ll go back inside.”

“That’s the beauty of it,” Niall grinned. “She will have nowhere to go back inside to.”

Harry turned, his thick eyebrows raising again in confusion. “You mean to tell me you are venturing beyond camping in your back garden?”

“That’s right,” Niall confirmed so overly proudly. “We’re going to the country.” This was said in the worst possible country accent I could imagine. Harry chuckled loudly.

“Now I really don’t believe you…In fact, I don’t even want to think about what you might have had to do to convince Ashley to do this.”

The ladder was propped up against the wall; Harry made his way over, picking up the bars of wood and carefully positioning it by the loft hatch. Niall just smiled, looking at me eagerly. A sigh escaped my lips as I leant against the adjacent wall, wondering still, how this was happening. It wasn’t that I was particularly terrified to camp – mildly nervous, maybe – but I think it was the short notice that made so uncomfortable. And the fact that really, I hadn’t even agreed in the end, it was only Niall telling me it was going to happen, and here it was, happening. But he was right, I definitely wasn’t open minded, so I would be uncomfortable, wouldn’t I? This was what he wanted to do, what he enjoyed doing, and I guess I’d be a pretty shitty girlfriend if I completely refused to just try it.

“Don’t look so sad,” Niall’s voice brought me from my thoughts. He reached forward, tilting my chin up. “It’ll be fun.” I smiled at him, trying to believe him.

“You know I don’t think it’s here!” Harry called down, his voice echoing against the walls.

“It’s alright Harry, I’m sure we can arrange another time!” I called back; Niall gave me a stern look.