Thunder

"There was a thunder in him that I couldn't quite place."

It was Kim Jongdae that brought Yonhee peace.

They continued to spend time together every day after Yonhee got home and they would take until the sky was dark, which was when Jongdae would stand up from the cool grass and the lightning would leap to his fingers.

"Chen," Yonhee said one day, which earned great confusion from the boy before her.

"Chen?" He echoed, staring blankly in Yonhee's direction.

"I'll call you Chen," Yonhee's lips curved a bit and she crossed her arms, satisfied.

"Chen," Jongdae repeated once more, pondering. "Oh...okay." He nodded and sat down beneath the lonely tree, leaving space for the girl beside him. Yonhee slowly took the seat and Jongdae politely draped his jacket over her lap since she was wearing a skirt.

"I don't believe it is very fair for me to have a nickname and you to not," Jongdae - Chen - said after a moment of hesitation, folding his hands in his lap.

"Oh, you're right I guess," Yonhee tipped her head, trying to think.

"It's okay," Chen shook his head, "you do not need a nickname.  Your name is special to you."

Yonhee was confused at this point.  "So is yours," she blinked, watching the boy again.

Chen shook his head, smiling ruefully.  "I am not a special person."

And for the first time since Yonhee had first met Jongdae, his eyes seem to spark with something that she could many quite place.  He had a thunder in him that he constantly held back.

Kim Jongdae was constantly holding himself back.

A/N: sorry this is so short. I'm kind of focusing on short chapters, but lots of chapters, haha. Thanks for supporting!