Do it Now

"You can't take back what you didn't say. You can't break promises you never made...I would do it now."

You can't take back what you didn't say.

Yonhee stood beneath the lonely tree one evening, waiting for the appearance of the usual Jongdae.

He never came.

She stared at the horizon and waited for the appearance of the usual lightning.

It never came.

She shut her eyes, listening, and waited for the sound of the usual thunder.

She never heard anything but the wind.

She sat beneath the lonely tree and folded her arms on her knees, thinking.  Had he left? Had something bad happened? Sure, Kim Jongdae had been acting strange, but he never just disappeared.

Finally, just as the last of the Suns Rays were disappearing, there was a movement out of the corner of Yonhee's eye and she saw a dark figure trudging up the slope of the hill; a dark figure she automatically recognized as Kim Jongdae.  She got to her feet excitedly and smiled, ready to call his name, but he just looked at her, the same distant look in his eyes.  The bruises had faded some, but his lip was still cut and scabbed.

Yonhee's smile faltered and she leaned back on her heels to keep herself from running to him.  Chen slowly made his way to Yonhee and grabbed her upper arms, staring at her.  Then, without warning, his head just fell to rest on her shoulder, his frame hunching forward a bit so he could.

Yonhee was initially stunned, but she folded her arms around him protectively and let him lean against her. She felt his shoulders shake in a silent sob and Yonhee bit her lip, pressing her hands gently into the middle of his back in an effort to calm him down.

"Mianhe, mianhe, mianhe," Jongdae sobbed out and Yonhee wondered what he could possibly be apologizing for.

"Gwenchana, Kim Jongdae... G-gajima. Gajima seyo," she whispered in return

I'm sorry

I'm sorry

I'm sorry

It's okay

Don't go

Please don't go