Luke - Brake Lights

Requested:"Can I have an imagine for Luke where you guys are broken up but you hang out with him because the other 3 invite him over but you guys are talking and you guys are in the car siting next to each other and you guys are about to crash but he protects you like puts his hand over you so you won't fly out the car and you guys get back together in the end"

-

"I can't do this anymore, Y/N. I-I just can't. We're so young, and I think we just need to explore other options." He confessed.

"Explore other options?! You mean you just want to be able to sleep with any girl you find "hot" for the night!" You sneered.

"That's not it and you know it!" He fumed while tugging at his hair in exasperation.

You couldn't help the sinister laugh that escaped your throat. "Then please, Luke, please explain!"

"I just think we need a break. We've been together since high school. We need to see what else is out there, so that way we don't end up resenting each other one day." He explained.

"Well, looks like we're already there." You hissed before grabbing your keys and slamming the door shut in his face.

Luke and you broke up about a month ago. You had thought by now you wouldn't feel so devastated, but here you were having flashbacks of your time with Luke all because you saw a boy who looked like him driving down the highway. You blinked your eyes quickly to suppress any oncoming tears. You were only five minutes from Ashton's place, and you just had to be strong until then. The three boys and you had managed to stay friends even after your breakup with Luke. You grew up with Ashton, so you knew he wouldn't shut you out, but you were surprised when the other two stayed by your side through it all. They had even invited you over for the day to hangout, because they all knew you were really struggling with the breakup, and couldn't bare the thought of you staying inside your room curled into a burrito blanket while scrolling through Tumblr once again. You finally pulled into Ashton's driveway and sighed a breath of relief. You hopped out of your car and jogged up the steps to his front door. You could hear laughter coming from the living room as you walked inside and headed towards the living room as you hear the rowdy boys fighting about what they all wanted to do today.

"How about the beach?" You suggest as you saunter into the room and plop into the spot between Ashton and Michael.

"My favorite girl!" Ashton beams before kissing your head and laughing.

"Y/N!" Michael and Calum yell excitedly.

"My boys!" You giggle as Calum jumps over the back of the couch to try and wedge himself between Michael and you.

"We've missed you! It hasn't been the same without you around!" Calum pouts.

"I know, but I've been so busy with school and work." You push out your bottom lip to mimic his pout.

"Can we just please decide where we're going to go?" Ashton whines.

"Beach, beach, beach!" You chant.

"I agree with Y/N, because then I can hopefully see some cuties in their bikinis." Calum smirks and wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

You slap his chest and begin to scold him when the doorbell rings and you notice all of the boys tense up before Michael gets up to answer it.

"Who else did you invite?" You furrow your brows in confusion as the two boys stare at their hands in their laps. "I said who did yo-"

"Hey guys!" Luke chirps before your eyes meet his. "Uh, oh, hey, Y/N." He scratches the back of his neck nervously and you offer a small smile in return.