Alone

I smile as we watch the cartoons. Rook comes in eating a pancake, and throws us pancakes.

"No syrup?" I pout.

"We got syrup" Rook throws it to Kells who pours syrup into his mouth than takes a bite. 

"Oh gosh" I laugh and do the same. But make sure my lips don't touch the spout.

"Where's Slim?" I question since I haven't seen him yet today.

"He had a family issue" Rook sighs.

I nod knowing he probably doesn't want to talk about it. Rook looks at all the bruising on my arms and I hear him sigh. I close my eyes trying not to think about Braxton. Rook leans over and whisper "everything will be okay" into my ear. I settle in and watch the cartoon.

"Shit got to go guys I have a recording sesh." Rook says as he waves goodbye and walks out the door.

"Byeee!!" I yell out.

*Kell's POV*

We are alone. My heart starts racing, would it be that bad if I make a move? Rook would kill me if I do. I try to push the thoughts out of my head, and watch the cartoons. 

"Kenna pass the syrup?" I say as she reaches for it on the table. As she throws it to me, it gets all over me. 

"Ayee" I say as I raise my hand up to get it out of the way. Right when I reach up my hand she immediately flinches. 

"Did you think I'd hit you?" I ask offended.

"Sorry that's what I am used to" She says in a very quiet voice.

I sigh and look at her. "That won't ever happen to you again."

She bites her lip and nods. She giggles at the cartoon in the background.

"Aye that's what I like to hear" I smile and take off my now sticky shirt.

She looks at my bare tattooed chest.