Cold Blooded Killer

I woke up again with the now familiar sound of a heart monitor beeping with each breath I took. I must be back at the hospital, I thought to myself. The realization that I, a convicted murderer, was in a hospital began to actually stick a few minutes later.

My eyelids began drooping as I thought up my escape route. I didn't recognize the hospital, which was a major disadvantage for me, but I knew I would get out. I had to. As sleep consumed me, I noticed a guard outside my room tapping his feet against the linoleum floor. 

_________________________________

At the hospital

"Yes officer, Ava Ray was reported here by a couple that found her body on the streets. She had two puncture wounds on the left side of her neck that looked to be from a syringe of some type. We found multiple drugs in her body, but were unable to determine the exact medications used due to her escaping with the test samples of her blood," A tall man in a lab coat explained to the hoard of police officers surrounding him. "It has been determined that one of our guards assisted with her escape."

"However, there was something that we tested from Ava's blood that seemed quite peculiar. You see, her blood wasn't... human. As opposed to the usual warm blooded characteristics, we discovered that the girl has cold blood."