The Dream

I tossed and turned in my sleep until I finally woke up. What a horrible dream that was, I thought. The funny thing though is that I couldn't remember one bit of it. Then I heard a familiar sound. A loud, unpleasant sound.

Woo-Woo-Woo

It was a police siren. I couldn't think. The police siren got louder and louder. I sat up in my bed immediately, then I realized that I wasn't in my bed, I was in a hospital bed. Which meant I was in a hospital room, which meant I was back in a hospital. My mother flung herself at me. She hugged me until I couldn't breath. I was happy, but trying desperately to get air. Then I noticed that the hands wrapped around me were wrapped around my neck. "Mom." I gasped. She looked up. It wasn't my mother, it was Finn's mother. "What-" I blinked again and I was back in my room. I sighed with relief. I rested my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. Suddenly, I fell. The entire house was collapsing. I peered outside my window. I saw nothing but blackness. I heard screaming. I heard Finn laughing his adorable laugh. I heard my mother crying. I heard Kimberly whispering into her friend's ear. "Ava." She whispered. "Ava, Ava, Ava."

Splat!

The house was wedged deep in, well, pancake batter. Something was aggressively beating the side of the house. It was a giant whisk. It was stirring us into the batter. I screamed. Finn laughed. My mother cried. Kimberly whispered, "Ava, Ava, Ava."

"Ava." 

"Ava, wake up."

I felt a bunch of fabric land in my face. 

"You were screaming all night long.  Your poor neighbors had to sleep downstairs."

I opened my eyes and blushed. "Sorry, I was just having the weirdest dream."

"Trust me, we could tell." Kimberly rolled her eyes. "Your clothes are on your face, get moving, unless you want a three hour lecture about responsibility from a woman who bought eight goldfish for her six year old to play with."

"Who?" 

"Finn's mom." She sighed. "Hurry up,  you're on vacuum duty."

That night, I plopped on the bed, exhausted from the day's work. Sweat trickled down my forehead. I peeled off a disgustingly gross t-shirt and groaned. Then I screamed. There was a large black cat with piercing blue eyes sitting on my window sill. Mrs King peeked in my door. She looked exhausted and unhappy. "What happened?" Finn's mother asked in the most unconcerned way possible. I pointed.

"What-why are you even- never mind." Mrs King scooped up the frightened feline. "It's just a cat."

I turned crimson. "I-I uh, I'm allergic?" 

Mrs King sighed heavily and walked out without saying a word. I was wide awake now. Every noise made me jump, every shadow made me run. I needed to calm down. I took a deep breath and rolled to my side. 

Woo-woo-woo

I grumbled. Now I was hearing things, great. 

Woo-woo-woo

It was the police siren from my dream, and it wasn't looking to shut up anytime soon. I slapped the side of my head. The sound wouldn't stop. Suddenly it hit me, I wasn't dreaming.

I threw open the curtains. Police cars were scattered across the front lawn. I heard the footsteps of all the residents, trying to flee the police. I froze in terror.

How did they find me here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super sorry for the people who read the first version of this chapter. I forgot to save the second part of the story, so you just read her weird dream with absolutely no explanation! Sorry guys. Sorry Katie. Well here's the completed chapter, so enjoy! -Slothie