Vomit and Strangers

Ava's POV

I didn't know if the liquid on my face was tears or blood, nor did I want to know. The carpet was thin and provided no comfort from the hard grey floor. 

"Oh my god." I heard the familiar voice of a female gag.

"Ava, are you okay?" I heard a boy's voice, once again familiar.

"Oh lord." I heard the other voice, the woman's.

I was dazed. All the blood on my hands. I thought miserably. All the poor, innocent lives.

"I think I'm going to-" I heard the voice I recognized as Kimberly's, then a splattering sound, disgustingly close to my spot on the deep blue carpet.

I rolled over in surprise as I felt a drop of fluid flick my arm. 

"Kimberly! Finn! How did you find me?" I gasped.

"Ava!" Finn cried.

"You are in big-" Kimberly was interrupted. She threw up and coughed a few times before ending with, "-trouble."

"Are you okay?" I asked Kimberly, realizing with horror the stuff on my arm was some of Kimberly's vomit. 

"I have a problem with blood." She moaned miserably. I stumbled to my feet and wrapped the blanket which formerly belonged to the homeless man tightly around her shoulders.

"The real question is, are you okay?"  Finn piped up from behind Kimberly. "I mean, you're arms are covered in blood."

"Oh, it's not mine." I said nonchalantly, then immediately regretted it. Finn's and Kimberly's eyes widened and they're mouths dropped. "No, no, no." I quickly breathed. "It's not what you think."

Kimberly's POV

Ava's a murderer, I just know it. Every time she wakes up, someone dies. I glared suspiciously at Ava. She was smiling glamorously at Finn, who absolutely worshiped her. I pushed myself between the two youngsters. Finn was like a brother to me, and I wasn't prepared to loose him like I lost my actual brother.

Finn's POV

I don't know what was up with Kimberly. She hovered over me, almost like she was trying to shield me from the light shower of rain. I was enjoying Ava's hazel eyes as her wispy chocolate hair flew like banners and flags in the harsh wind. Her freckled skin shown radiant and was the only sunlight in the dark, winter afternoon. But it didn't matter. She probably didn't like me anyway.