Chapter Four

***A new chapter has approached us! Thank you all so much for the great response to "The New Girl." I really appreciate all the votes, comments, and fans. I have decided on some of the cast members, too!

1. Lily Collins as Jordin Chess (Lily's not redheaded, her hair is more of a reddish-brown, but she looks like a Jordin to me. If you have any better suggestions, let me know!)

2. Logan Lerman/Sean Faris as Scott Grady (I can't decide! Comment and tell me which one you would prefer! And if you have any better suggestions, let me know!)

We need to pick an actress for Ollie now! I'm thinking Chelsea Kane, maybe. But I need your help with that! I also need help finding an actor to play Adam (Scott's best friend). Thanks!

Oh, yeah, and because of your support, "The New Girl" made it onto the what's hot list! Well, its #734 which is like the bottom, but still, thank you. Let's try and get it to the what's hot number one, yeah? Okay, we'll make it our goal. Haha, love you guys!

One last thing, if you like "The New Girl," go ahead and fan! Haha, a lot of you have added it to your library and commented on it and voted for it and I'd be really grateful if you'd fan me, too! So you should, just cuz you love Scott that much ;) Thanks :)

VOTE COMMENT FAN!***

Chapter Four

(Jordin’s POV)

I wake up the next morning to talking. I peek over at my alarm clock and see that its eight-oh-three. Most girls would be panicking by now about how they wouldn’t be able to lather makeup on their faces, but I couldn’t care less. School starts at eight-thirty and I have a whole twenty-seven minutes. Getting ready only takes me about ten minutes. I moan and drag my feet out of bed. The talking grows louder as I get closer to the kitchen. Breakfast smells waft to my nose and my mouth waters.

“What’s for break—” I stop in my tracks when I see who’s in the kitchen with her.

I sigh inwardly. Scott is standing there beside her, stirring a pot of what looks like oatmeal. When I walk in, he looks up and flashes a smile at me. I turn away from him and take a seat at the table, waiting for my mom to give me my breakfast.

My hair is mussed, tangled and knotted—what can I say, I’m a restless sleeper—and my mouth reeks of morning breath. Well, if my little speech yesterday didn’t keep Scott away, maybe my atrocious appearance this morning will.

“Hey, Flame,” Scott says, setting a bowl of steaming oatmeal before me.

“Hi,” I mutter, keeping my eyes on my oatmeal. I pick up my spoon and start moving the glop around in the bowl. Before eating it, I dump a pile of powdered sugar over the top of it.

Scott eyes the mound of sugar on top of my oatmeal with distaste. I shrug; I just like sugar, okay? Just to rub it in his face, I stuff a heaping spoonful of the stuff into my mouth savor the sweetness. I can almost hear Scott groan as he watches me eat the sugar.

“Jordin, honey, talk to your friend.” My mom says sternly, patting me on the back.

I grunt. “What is my ‘friend’ doing here?” I ask.

“Oh, well, since you have to ride the bus,” Scott speaks up. “I thought I’d give you a ride.”

I choke on my bite of breakfast, my eyes streaming when I hear this news. My mother slaps me on the back a couple times, then hands me a tall glass of water. I gulp it down, wipe my eyes and glare at Scott.

“Did you not hear a word I said yesterday?” I demand.

He gives me a wary look. “Well, yeah, I did. But, I thought…you know, maybe we could still be…friends?” His answer comes out as more of a question.