Buldak Bokkeum Myeon my heart

[Author's Note: Accidentally published this but unpublished then will be republished once finished. Sorry!
Reviews are love! <3]

Chapter 2

They say good things come to those who wait.

Well, I say thanks but no thanks. I mean, honestly, it works for most people... BUT me.

Waiting is for people who have time to waste on someone or something that may or may not even be worth waiting for. It's a simple piece of logic.

But as in most stories, unexpected things happen when you least expect them... especially when you're NOT waiting for anything to happen at all.

~

The entire week following that phone call from The Land of the Morning Calm was practically a circus coming to town and a Filipino-style fiesta all rolled into one.

Naturally, people congratulated the couple the moment they posted about it on Facebook, Instagram, and every possible social platform they could get a hold of. Sai's family and relatives even came to visit and brought gifts from whatever area of the country they were from. Their cellphones were also ringing off the hook and their tablets and laptops kept pinging with those annoying notification alerts every other second.

I think the hype for the approval of such a man with a very lofty position in a very lucrative business, a social circle that includes diplomats, celebrities and CEOs, has very conservative reservations and deeply rooted traditions dating back to several dynasties, is more of an actual cause for celebration than their wedding or the birth of their daughter.

Really. I think that if it were possible for them to actually close down the busiest part of Lacson Street to hold a street party: complete with street dancers, A-list local celebrity guest performers, drum-beaters, upstanding (or corrupt) politicians and expensive games and prizes to be given away, they would definitely be up for it.

Jun's family were just as delighted to know that their prodigal son has been forgiven and accepted by his very uptight father into their welcoming embraces. They were most eager to meet Sai and their almost year old daughter.

Jun's mother and sister were two of the most frequent callers this past week.

But ever since that lazy Sunday, they've both been quite busy greeting well-wishers and entertaining visiting relatives, and even beginning the actual process of attaining Sai and their daughter, Emma's visas for their move to Jun's homeland that they don't even have time to actually celebrate anymore.

At work, Sai's students and even our boss have been teasing and excitedly telling her to meet them once they get settled in Korea. They make promises like bringing her to their favourite places: for shopping, dining, relaxing, and other forms of entertainment.

It was all too perky and electrified that it was growing irksome already. I was quickly getting irritable everywhere I went. It was a constant reminder that my roommates were about to leave me behind and live out their fairytale happily ever after.

Meanwhile, I was basically stuck in a dead end job with no benefits, no career path, no way of saving for my dreams, no recognition and a no-good boss (or boss's wife). My dreams of owning my own quaint little book shop or cafe was basically improbable. My social life was very limited to a handful of really close friends outside the workplace and most of them have already flown the coop; living their dreams.

And my love life? Let's just say that it's nonexistent... and will forever stay that way. Period.

"Lil, are you busy later?" Sai asked me as she slid into my room.