Stressed is Desserts backwards

[A/N: Sorry this took so long...]

Chapter 3

Whoever said "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." was an utter fool!

I'd change that if I could to "When life gives you lemons, grab tequila + salt and proceed to get smashed into the next century."

~

My boss, Mr. Adam Jung, was the kind of man that was slightly socially awkward. He rarely mingled with his employees and even more rarely, was he able to have a decent conversation without it turning awkward.

Okay. Not slightly... very awkward.

So when the new student, Jinwoo, and I just continued to stared at each other as an uneasy silence fell upon us, it was no surprise that when he cleared his throat, he'd say something that would make the situation even more facepalm worthy.

"You're not allowed to kiss in my office." he chuckled to himself.

I felt my eyebrows rise so quickly that they nearly tangled with my hairline and my eyes widen to the size of saucers. I felt my cheeks heat up and knew that my face was overrun by unattractive red splotches.

I withdrew my hand quickly as if burned.

"Sir?!" I was incredulous.

Jinwoo's face, on the otherhand, never betrayed any of his emotions. His eyes were still trying to pull me in, his lips were still set in that same annoyingly charming smirk and his very presence, completely unnerving me.

"No. Of course not, Sem." Jinwoo said as he finally removed those piercing eyes from my person.

"Teacher Lili, you and Jinwoo will be having a three hour class everyday." Mr. Jung interjected, not looking me in the eye.

I was incredulous yet again.

"What!?" I blurted out, turning my head to look at him so fast that I almost had whiplash.

I've experienced having two hour classes or two classes in a day for one student when there were no other teachers or when the student made a special request. However, I've never heard of anyone having a three hour class with just one student. I need to make my sentiments clear before I start looking like a fish on dry land.

"Three hours? Why three hours, Sir?"

Mr. Jung glanced at Jinwoo and replied, "Jinwoo specially requested for you. And just you."

"But-but-but... Why?!"

I felt like my brow was permanently wrinkled from being scrunched up too much.

"I just... want to get to know you." Jinwoo replied, the corners of his mouth turning up slightly.

'Ooohhh... he's definitely enjoying this!"

"By almost monopolizing my entire afternoon!?" I said, my voice rising in pitch.

I turned to my boss and almost demanded, "If I refuse?"

"You can't." he shrugged, "He made the special request two weeks ago and has already paid in full. We can't, in actuality, deny him his request."

I scowled and harrumphed as I crossed my arms in petulance. It was all I could do not to actually pout.

'This couldn't possibly get any worse!'

But fate, it seemed, begged to differ.

"Oh, and you will be having lunch with him everyday. The class will start at 12 noon sharp. It depends on the both of you where you will spend the three hour class but just make sure to come back here at Tea-Time." Mr. Jung informed me.