3. A Short Walk

Rina POV
(5:30 am in the morning)

"Rina!!! Wake up!!!" A little kid's shout blasts through my ears. I quickly get out of my bed expecting to be late to school, but instead I'm an 2 hours earlier. I look up to see my little sister, Rizumu, laying right on top of me.

"Rizumu, what is it?" I grumble and cover myself with my blankets. I want some sleep, I can't handle the school schedule of waking up early in the morning for no reason. Rizumu puckers her lips with her arms crossed and pulls on my legs.

"Mom! Rina won't --" She shouts, but I quickly close her mouth. She moves my hands off her mouth and smiles, "Mom says you have to take me to school in the morning~" she winks and I frown from hearing her words. Sometime I can't tell whether or not Rizumu is an angel or devil in disguise. I stretch my arms and legs to wake myself up to start the morning day. I get out of my blankets and feel the cold floor in my bedroom that makes me want to crawl back to my bed. Grrr!!! Why does the morning always feel like this!

"Rina hurry! I have to leave in 15 minutes!" Rizumu says and I let a yawn out rubbing my eyes again.

"I can get ready for school, in no time just go downstairs," I shoo her away and close the door again. Back to bed again I think to myself as I make myself comfortable to sleep again, I'll wake up later.

Rizumu knocks on my door and I ignore her to get some shut eye. "Mom! Rina's sleeping again!" Rizumu shouts in the halls. I use my pillows to cover my ears, I don't care I just want to stay in bed. I don't want to go to school. I don't want to be a third year in high school. It's my last year and everyday is like a count down. I try to fall asleep, but I end up being fully awake when the door slams open with my mom and sister.

"Rina! Can you please take Rizumu to school and take her home for the next few days," my mom pleads and I hide in the covers. "Please Rina! I got to go to work!" My mom begs and shakes my bed. My mom has it hard when it comes to getting a job as a nutritionist, not a lot of people hire because of that... I hate reality.

I throw back the covers to to see my mom on the side of my bed and Rizumu next to her."Okay okay I'll get up!" I tell her and groggily get myself up to bed.

"I'll get breakfast ready then!" My mom rushes down to the kitchen and I see Rizumu smiling ever so widely.

"Thanks Rina-nee," She says with a smile on her face. The anger I felt earlier slightly subsides after seeing my little sister happy. I still remember hating the idea of having a little sister, yet right now I love my sister the most.

(Ready to leave the house)

"Bye mom!" Rizumu and I wave to mom as we take our early leave to Rizumu's preschool so I would make it on time to go to my school. She waves back and I take Rizumu's hand and we head out.

We stroll through the neighboring houses and I watch Rizumu balance on the sidewalk ledge. "Please be careful Rizumu," I warn her, but I still let her enjoy herself as she takes a walk to preschool.

I wish I was young like that. Compared to me, Rizumu has a mother and father... the thought of my childhood years makes me wish that I could redo my past life. While the future is just the opposite, I don't know what I want to do as a third year which will lead to troublesome things when I have to have a meeting with my adviser. I wish I can control time, I sigh and watch Rizumu waddle her way back to me with a surprise look on face and points towards me.

"Huh?" I tilt my head in confusion.

"Rina?" A voice calls out to me.

My heart beats fast easily recognizing the person's voice as I quickly turn around to see Sugawara catching up to me. My mind zones out with my face turning bright red in embarrassment. "H-hi Suga! What are you doing here on a this nice day?" I say while looking at everything but him.