9. Embarassment

Sugawara POV
(The Next Day ~ In the morning)

To try to calm down the unsettling feelings that I had over Rina being too close to Asahi, I decided to walk with her in the morning to drop off Rizumu.

I casually wait outside of her house after texting her that I'm here. Just knowing that I'm going to see her soon is making my heart race. I punch myself on the chest. Rizumu is there with us, it's not just the two of us.

"Suga, sorry for being so late. I hope you didn't wait long," Rina apologizes when she sees me waiting outside.

"It's fine," I smile.

"Sugawara!" Rizumu calls out to me. She jumps up and I lift her up in the air then she gives me a big hug.

"Hahaha Rizumu you're always give me the best hugs," I laugh.

Rizumu giggles. "No Rina does! Rina give a hug to Sugawara!"

Our eyes widen. "Eh?" The two of us blurt out with completely red flushed faces.

"R-Rizumu you shouldn't say that. It's an inconvenience to Suga," Rina scolds Rizumu.

...

I kind of wanted that hug though...

"No it's not, look Suga is sad cause you said that," Rizumu points out.

"Eh?" I blurt out.

Was my face that obvious!?

Rina madly blushes. She glances at me and turns away then she quickly comes over and gives me a hug. "I-I'm just doing this because if I don't then Rizumu will just continue making excuses."

I chuckle. She's so cute. I wrap my arms around her. "Then I'll give you a hug back to make things less awkward." I grin.

Rina buries her face on my chest. "This is so awkward..."

I smile. "Not at all. It's nice. You're so tiny and cute Rina."

Rina quickly pulls away from me with completely red face. "L-LET'S GO RIZUMU! T-TIME FOR SCHOOL!"

"Okay!" Rizumu innocently smiles.

After taking Rizumu back, Rina and I walk together. It was quiet between the two of us but not an awkward silence.

"Suga... didn't you have to do some kind of errand? We can go over to store now if you need to," Rina asks.

"Oh I went and got it before I went to your house," I take out the traveling toothbrush set. "I just needed to buy this. That's it."

"I see," Rina mumbles and she laughs.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"I thought you were worried about Asahi and I," Rina points out and my eyes widen.

Does she know that I'm—

"Asahi is a good guy. I know you're probably worried that having him around me might bring back my delinquent past to the surface or just that Asahi might appear more of a delinquent when he's put next to a small petite person like me. Yet you don't have to worry about any of that Suga, you always care about others but you need to care about yourself more. Asahi and I got this," Rina grins.