11. Always Here

Rizumu POV
(At home ~ in the morning)

It's been a few days now and I started noticing how Rina-nee doesn't seem like her usual self. I would see her sighing more often whenever she's around Auntie Ayumi and every time I asked her to play with me, she would tell me that she's too tired.

I asked mommy and daddy how Auntie Ayumi and Rina knew each other and daddy told me that Rina and Auntie were best friends when they were around my age.

I wish I was best friends with Rina-nee.

It's not like I'm jealous or anything but I feel like Auntie Ayumi is taking my sister away. The two of them would always be around each other that it makes it hard for me to join in.

It's weird. Whenever Rina-nee and Sugawara are always around each other, I never feel like this way before.

Oh, that's right! Rina-nee is exhausted but I'm sure if she sees Sugawara then she'll get better with some of that refreshing energy that he radiates! I'm so smart!

Hmm.... but how do I bring Sugawara over here? I know I'll call him!

I rush out of my room and check the bathroom. Rina-nee normally takes her morning showers around this time. I quietly move the door handle. It's locked. Rina-nee must be taking a shower now! After looking around to make sure the coast was clear, I go into Rina's room and take her cellphone on the top of her desk.

I easily put in her password which was Sugawara's first name then skim down her contact list. I eventually find Sugawara's number and immediately call him.

"Rina, what's up? You normally don't call in the morning" I hear a deep raspy voice.

Huh? Is this Sugawara?

"It's me! Rizumu!" I tell him.

"Ehhhhh??? Rizumu what are you doing on Rina's cellphone?" Sugawara asks in shock.

That definitely sounds like the Sugawara's voice now!

"Shhh what I'm about to tell you, you can't tell Rina-nee. She'll get angry if she were to know I was on her cellphone," I tell him.

Sugawara sighs. "Rizumu you shouldn't be on Rina's cellphone without her permission--"

"It's an emergency though. Rina has been tired lately and is not her usual self," I explain. "You have to come over and see her. Rina really wants you to be with you so you can bring a smile to her face."

Sugawara starts to cough. Is he sick?

"Wait. Did she really say she wanted me?" Sugawara asks me and I tilt my head.

"Huh? She didn't say it but I know she's thinking that. You too Sugawara, you're pretty obvious too," I bluntly tell him.

"Rizumu you shouldn't say those kinds of things so easily," Sugawara scolds me and I pout.

"Fine it's your fault if you don't confess and someone else takes Rina-nee," I tell him and there's a long silence.

"Uhhhh... Sugawara are you still there?" I ask.

"You're really mean Rizumu," Sugawara says and I clear my throat

"No, I'm not! Anyways you should go see her. Whenever you're with her, she always has a smile to her face," I tell him.

"Wait, really?" Sugawara asks.

"Of course! I wish I had your skills," I praise.

"Skills...? I wouldn't really say it like that," Sugawara clears his throat. "Anyways I won't be able to come now because we have an upcoming practice match with Nekoma boys' volleyball team but I can come over later today," Sugawara says and I excitedly jump up.