Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride

Request for Agent Dannie Johnson(Or at least that's what it was when the request was made)
A/N: I know how much of a Bruce fan the requester is so I tried to get as deep and fangirly over him as I do in most of my Loki one shots.

"Bruce, you are not a monster."

You repeatedly argued this point, and he repeatedly argued against it. You could use all the logic you wanted and he would still believe himself a monster.
The general public had ceased calling him such names, instead referring to him as a hero due to his help in defeating Loki and Ultron.
He appreciated the change of opinion but didn't feel its sincerity. He'd smile and wave for the cameras, offer polite greetings and goodbyes to his fellow Avengers, but as soon as he was in the car heading home with you, his resolve would crumble and he'd become an emotional wreck. He believed that his friends and apparent fans were only trying to be nice and console him, knowing how much he hated the Other Guy. He knew you loved him and didn't believe he was a monster, but he couldn't believe it himself.

"JARVIS, where's Bruce?" you called to the AI.
"In your room Miss (L/N), but he seems very upset," JARVIS replied. You frowned. Why would Bruce be upset?
You took the elevator up to your floor and slowly crept along the hallway, pushing your door open.
"Bruce?" you whispered softly. The sight that met you broke your heart.
Bruce sat on your bed, head in his hands, crying softly. You gently sat beside him, the bed dipping under your weight. You put your arm round his shoulder.
"Bruce, what is it?" you asked gently.
He looked up, eyes red and tear stains down his cheeks.
"I'm sick of it, (Y/N). I'm sick of being a monster," he said. You tilted your head.
"Bruce, you're not a monster!" you said, confused. Bruce nodded slightly.
"Yes, I am! It's ruining my life, I can barely do anything because it could anger the 'Other Guy'," Bruce groaned.
You placed a hand under his chin and pushed his head up gently.
"Bruce, I honestly don't believe you. What makes you a monster?"
"I can't control him," he whispered, curling into your chest. Your arms wrapped around him protectively. "The Other Guy has hurt so many people..."
"There, you just said it," you noted, offering him a small smile. "The Other Guy hurts people, not you."
"He's a part of me!" Bruce cried. "He's my demon. I can't make him go away."
"Bruce, do you enjoy hurting innocent people?"
"Of course not."
"Do you have any control over the Other Guy and what he does?"
"Not really..."
"Do you do whatever you can to keep him at bay?"
"You know I do..."
"Then you're not a monster. A monster would take pleasure in hurting civilians. A monster would deliberately cause harm to everyone. A monster wouldn't even care or try to stop it. You are not a monster."
Bruce looked up at you, his eyes red and puffy. "Yes, I am. You see it, people running and screaming from me. When Wanda had me under a spell... (Y/N) I went on a rampage for no reason," he whispered the last part. You saw the hurt in his eyes, the fear of his 'demon'.
You took his hand, pulling him up. "Come on," you said firmly, leading him out the door. You took him into the lounge where the rest of the team were.
Natasha and Clint were sitting on cushions on the floor, leaning against the sofa that Steve sat on. Tony and Thor were both in armchairs.
You pulled Bruce onto an empty couch and sat down. Bruce leaned on you.
"Guys, Bruce believes he's a monster and won't take my word for it. Will you help me?" You sighed.
Tony raised an eyebrow. "Bruce, come on, you're not a monster. Would a monster be able to go through with failed science experiments that blow up in your face? No." Tony sighed. Bruce looked at you.
"I agree with Stark. Bruce, you're learning to control it, and that's good," Steve offered.
"None of us would feel as safe around you as we do if we thought you were a monster," Natasha added.
"You've saved our hides more times than you've endangered us," Clint offered.
"Thanks guys," Bruce whispered in reply. "I'm going back to my room."
He turned and left, shuffling back down the hall.
You sighed and headed into the kitchen. You knew that tea and a movie usually calmed him down.

Ten minutes later, you sauntered down the hall with a tray in your hands. On the tray sat a steaming pot of chamomile tea, two mugs, two spoons, and a jar of honey.
Thankfully, Bruce left the door open a crack, so you wedged your foot in and pushed it open. He was surprised to see you carrying a tray of comfort as you entered the room. You set the tray on the bed before turning to his movie selection and began skimming. He smiled softly – he knew what you were doing.
You chose Lilo and Stitch, knowing that Bruce enjoyed Disney movies and you hoped that you could prove a point. You put the movie in the player and sat beside Bruce, pouring the steaming tea into the mugs and offering him one. He accepted it with a smile, squeezing honey into it.
Halfway through the movie, as Stitch continued changing his attitude, you looked at Bruce. "Do you think Stitch is a monster?"
He snorted as though it were a silly question. "No, he's an alien."
"You're kind of an alien," you mused.
He raised a brow at you. "How so?"
"The Other Guy is like an alien. He's dangerous and misunderstood, and society hasn't entirely accepted him- or you- yet. But you have no control over him, like Stitch has no control over his antics."
"Are you saying I'm Stitch?"
"I'm trying to use him as an example. He destroyed half the town but people didn't consider him a monster, at least not the people he cared about. They still loved and accepted him."
Bruce smiled and sipped his tea. "Thank you, (y/n)."
You wrapped your arms around him, his head on your chest. Setting his mug on the nightstand, he wrapped his arms around your waist. His head nuzzled into your neck as you ran your fingers through his hair.
"Anything for you, Stitch."