Chapter five-An Unfriendly Visit

Breakfast is very early, I thought. Its only 7am.

When I opened the door Beth was standing there with a very stern expression on her face.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

"I'm very busy at the moment," I lied.

"It's important."

"I don't-"

"I need to talk to you now!" Beth snapped cutting me off.

"Okay but make it quick," I sighed giving up.

I opened the door wider so she could come in. Beth turned to look at me.

"So Max-" She smirked.

"Have no idea what you're talking about," I interrupted, having no idea why I bothered lying still.

I really needed to work on my acting skills.

Beth sighed. "You acted weird at the shops when I mentioned the name 'Max', you also happen to have Dads hair and Mums eyes, you said you were fifthteen, and I happen to know a 'Max' that has been missing for a month, and coincidently his birthday was on that same month and he was turning fifthteen. Need I say anything else?"

"Oh alright you got me! I give up!" I sighed. "So what now? Get our parents on the phone?"

It's not that simple they're gone away for awhile, and they left me in charge of the house," She said worry etched on her face.

"So?" I snorted, anger churning in my gut.

"They were meant to come home yesterday and they're not home yet."

"But what has this got to do with me?" I asked, fear quickly replacing anger.

"I decided to find you so you could help me look for them," Beth replied, a frown on her face.

I didn't say anything.

"What about you? What have you been doing this mouth? You changed a lot since the last time I saw you," She said changing the subject.

I told her the story from the start to the end.

"Why are you so nice all of a sudden?" I asked when I finished my story, feeling slightly suspicious.

"Guilt can do a lot of things to a person," Beth sighed. "I caused you to run from home and that was when the guilt started. I couldn't eat or sleep, so one night at dinner I told our parents everything and that includes all the years I tormented you."

She looked at me then said, "Bloody hell I was a bitch!"

I blinked not knowing what to say.

"You do know you were a snob," I said, digging it in.

"Yes I know," She accepted the comment without a fight.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

Beth's eyes light up, "It wasn't that hard, I went around asking people. I counted up my results and decided you had to be in this area, because you never really left it. An old woman was really helpful in explaining about you."

Beth looked pleased with herself.

"Nerd," I snorted.

"I'm not the only one," She counted.

Just then the door burst open and two men in black came barging in. One of the men grabbed Beth, while the other guy had a frying pan in one hand. A frying pan? I hesitated and that was long enough for him to react he hit me with full force and I fell to the floor.

"Who do you think you are?" Beth screamed. She kicked the guy in the stomach, but he wouldn't let go. She then head butted him with the back of her head. The guy let go blood running down his face. The man with the frying pan went and tried to hit her. Beth dogged and punched him in the face. The bleeding guy took hold of her again. Beth fought but it was no use the guy had her.

And that's when I passed out.