Chapter Six-Escape Time

"Max," Said a voice, it sounded so far away.

"Max can you hear me?" It sounded closer but full of worry.

I tried to think but my head was pounding. I opened my eyes and found I was in a small room; the only light was coming from the window.

"Max are you awake?" I recognised the voice right away it was Beth.

I looked up and saw her were eyes full of worry, but when she saw me relief flooded through her.

"Thank goodness you're awake," She sighed in relief.

"What happened," I muttered.

"The guys knocked you out, but I did not give up until they threatened to kill you, evil bastards." Beth cursed.

"Hang on, I remember you head butting a guy and punching the other one." I recounted.

Beth smirked at that, "A girls got to have some defence."

"How long have I been out for?" I asked.

She thought for a second, head titled. "A day."

I tried to get up but a wave of dizziness overtook me, so I sat down instead.

"Are you all right?" Beth asked, concern in her voice.

"Yes I'm fine, but we need to get out of here," I said.

"I'm not stupid clearly there's something wrong with you," She raised an eyebrow in question.

"Can we just think of something and worry about my head later?" I said.

We sat in silence, and then an idea came to me. "I've got it!"

"Speak up then!" Beth cried.

"It's very simple. At midnight a guard would have to come and check on us, and when he does he will have a surprise waiting for him. I will take his keys, and then we try to sink out of here," I smiled proudly.

"Don't you think that's too simple?" Beth asked in doubt.

"Do you have any ideas?" I replied.

She didn't say anything.

My head continued to pound so I slept. I woke up at midnight and looked around noticing Beth was gone. I started to feel panic. But I quickly shut it down because it wouldn't help in this situation. At that moment a guard came in with water, and as he put the tray down that's when I made my move. I swung my leg up so it hit his chin but it was not enough, the guy tried to punch me but I grabbed his hand and pulled him forward gave him a head butt. With my other hand in a fist I used that to punch his face. The guy fell backwards knocked out. I took his keys and went out. The building was a warehouse with boxes lined up in neat rows. The inside of the warehouse was gloomy and dark making it hard to see.

Where could she be? I thought.

Just then a guard saw me, "Hey what are you doing out?"

I turned trying to find a hiding place. There were none. He walked towards me, he must have seen the panic on my face because he was sliming in a horrible way. Anger burned through me. Confident punk, well I was going to show him. When he was close enough I punched him right in the face and did a side kick. That hurt him. But I was not done yet, as my last move (and you all know it's my favourite) I kicked him in the chin hard enough to knock him out.

I took off my t-shirt and put on his shirt and jumper. I hated the mask that coved his whole face but I had no choice but to put it on. It fitted me well, too well for my liking. I started to go looking for Beth. I had only gone a few steps when a force hit me on the side of my head where my wound was from the pervious guy with the frying pan. I felt warm blood drip down my forehead.

"Stay where you are if you knew what's good for you!" A voice hissed.

I knew that voice it was Beth!