Chapter Two - I Kinda Wanna Make Out With Both Of You

Chapter Two - "I Kinda Wanna Make Out With Both Of You"

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

I grabbed my pen that was sitting in front of me and started scribbling down the notes that were on the board. I was in my Chemistry class and there were only four more classes until the end of the day – halfway there.

Friday was finally here, and it took way too long if you asked me.

"So what are the plans for this weekend?" Ashley leaned over and whispered to me.

I shrugged my shoulders and kept copying notes, while she picked at her nails and completely ignored anything our teacher was saying. She never cared too much for schoolwork, but that was because she was kind of a genius.

The difference between Ashley and her older brother Hunter's personalities couldn't be more opposite, meanwhile they were nearly identical looking. Ashley was incredibly smart, Hunter didn't really care. Ashley was quiet, gentle and, honest, while her brother was obnoxious, immature, and clever. They'd always gotten along really well though, which was good.

Ashley and I had been mistaken for being sisters more than my own sister and I, and we'd been friends for years. Her thick, white blonde hair cascaded down her back, and with porcelain skin and the prettiest baby blue eyes anyone had ever seen, she was a real life angel.

She had such a big heart and I didn't think that she could ever be mean to someone, except for  when she was sticking up for her friends, family, or boyfriend. Then she'd let loose and turn into a completely different person.

"Well, it's your birthday, think of something!" She nudged me, messing up the word I was  writing. I glared at her out of the corner of my eye and she just smiled at me.

"I don't know, Ash. Can't we talk about this later?" I whispered back.

"No, we cannot. You've been saying 'I don't know' for the past week or so and we need to figure it out because we're celebrating tonight and tomorrow," she demanded.

Another thing about Ashley – when she wants something, she gets it. Whether it was a material object or a piece of information. I never knew how she acquired that skill, but I always hoped it would rub off on me eventually. 

There were only a few minutes left in the class, so Ms. Webb said we could put away our notes  and that we were done for the day. I gladly shut my notebook and put everything back in my bag, then turned to Ashley beside me. "So we could go to dinner somewhere fancy. Or have a party at one of our houses or- oh my  God! I got it!" She gasped, suddenly coming up with a plan as a grin spread across her face.

"What do you got?" I chuckled, crossing my legs.

"The perfect plan!" She squealed and ignored all the strange looks our classmates gave her. I just laughed to myself and let her go on. "Okay, so tonight I was thinking we could all go to Level 3.  Then tomorrow we could go out to lunch somewhere, like pick your favorite place and we can all go. Then later on at night we could have a party for you! And it could be themed or whatever you want! This is the perfect plan, oh aren't you glad to have me as your best friend?" She grinned widely, clapping her hands together.

"I have three best friends, but yes I am," I smirked, noting Justin and Brooke as well.

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes and dismissed my comment. "What do you say?"

"Yeah, sounds good," I shrugged with a smile.

"Sounds good? It sounds great!" She shoved my shoulder excitedly.