Chapter eight

At the young age of 17, Liam already got himself a decent part time job which happened to be a smart cashier in a Bistro cafe. His uncle actually owned the eating place which explains why he got the position. It was a bright Saturday morning when he reached the place, Liam was happy that he could be of to some use. He respects his uncle so much for being a productive man resulting for him to have a successful life. The young lad wishes to follow his footsteps someday.

Apart from being such a fatherly friend, Liam also strives his best to grasp the Valedictorian title which wasn’t really impossible for him to attain considering he’s very smart, active in clubs and all the teachers adore his clever resolves. That alone could make him achieve his goals.

Liam was almost perfect. A loving family, cool and if he must say ‘sophisticated’ friends, excellent grades that could lead him to the top and all but, there is just a single thing that could never fit in. A single thing that hinders his perfection.

Liam had no love life. Zero. Nothing. None.

Because he chose not to have one.

He really didn’t have a traumatic involvement about his previous relationship because he never got into one, he was hopeful about it, but turns out he sadly couldn’t win their heart. Liam sure did fall in love... only that the love he had given wasn’t exactly returned. So this had him thinking that maybe staying as single would be best for him.

It wasn’t all about Niall.

He was over the Irish lad, he knew it. The way he would see him and Josh hanging around didn’t cause his heart to break anymore. But he had to admit, he loved Niall a lot. He was too much to handle but it was fun at the same time. He would always enjoy his company especially if the lad tries to pull a hilarious prank. Liam experienced all the kinds of happiness whenever he’s with Niall, until he finally became aware of his sexuality. Liam was bisexual, at least that was what he thought. He couldn’t be labeled completely as gay for he still had a huge crush on Leona Lewis.

He tried confessing but he was afraid Niall would reject him. That was secretly one of Liam’s greatest fears aside from his weird koutaliaphobia. Liam was afraid of rejections, he couldn’t handle the feeling he gets right after being refused. So to make things best for him, he decided not to admit his feelings. But if you ask him, it honestly did hurt him a lot. He was painfully suppressing his own genuine feelings for his mate, but if telling Niall would cost their friendship, then he’d rather keep his mouth shut.

“Liam, shift.” his uncle yelled breaking him from his little reminisce.

“Okay pap!” he called back. If not a cashier, he’d be in charge of delivering the cuisines or rather just the teas or coffees to the customers. He had sling the loop of the black apron along his head before knotting the ties on his back for it to stick firmly on his body. Liam still looked amazing clad with anything.

“Yorkshire tea for table seven.” Andy, one of his uncle’s employees had given him a tray of a Yorkshire set. He promptly got the tray on his single hand as he gradually brought it towards their customer.

Upon reaching the area, Liam had set all the food in an organized manner. His grace was very much amusing for the man who was formally dressed in a suit. It was just then that Liam took notice of how the man eyed on him. He slowly gave the shy lad a smile after he finally acknowledged his presence.

“Gracious.” he chuckled earning a slight blush on Liam’s face. He looked much more adorable than what he already was, much to his customer’s amusement.

“Thank you s-sir. A-Anything else?” he mentally slapped himself, why ask for more? This caused the chestnut haired man to snigger at his funny antics. And strangely for Liam, the man looked rather hot when he laughs. “Nothing, I’m fine with my tea and croissant,” he nodded “What’s your name?” he asked with interest.