Chapter 21: Someone Shall Die (PART THREE)

Someone Shall Die (PART THREE)

April could hear someone.

Someone that wasn't Tang Shen.

Her heart was beating faster and faster, and she honestly didn't know what to do in this situation. If it wasn't Tang Shen, then who the heck was coming? Tang Shen had been the only living thing April had seen since she was captured. So who was coming?????

And then someone..or something...was picking the lock to her cell. She could tell because when Tang Shen came, it just opened. This was taking too long, and the door was making noises, which meant someone on the other end was messing with it.

There was nothing in the small room April was occupying that she could use as a weapon, except for her pillow. She grabbed it off the bed and held it in her hands.

The door opened.

She screamed a battle cry, and charged the person on the other end, shoving the pillow in whoever-it-was' face.

They yelped in surprise, and she realized that she recognized the yelp.

"Oh my gosh!" she yelled. "DONNIE!"

"Genius," she heard Raph mutter.

Donnie took the pillow off his face, a look of horror mixed with joy mixed with a little surprise. But then his expression changed to just one big grin. "April," was all he said. His eyes were glowing and his smile was bigger than she'd ever seen it.

And then she was smiling. And then she was laughing. And then she was hugging him like there was no tomorrow. The world melted away, and it was just her and Donnie. Just her and Donnie.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Donnie said. Her head was resting on his shoulder, and all she could do was nod.

"Sorry to break up the moment here," Raph suddenly said. He didn't sound very sorry, and he did indeed break up the moment. "But we kind of need to get out of here."

April stayed in the hug for another few seconds, and then let go of Donnie. It was then that she came face-to-face with...well...her. Her with short hair. And she was staring at April with probably the same shocked expression April had on her own face.

"Who..? What?" April started.

"This is Jamie," Raph quickly introduced. "I honestly have no idea what happened, but Mikey met her and she's now involved with this whole thing. But, like I said, we need to go."

"Right. Yes. Escape," April agreed, flashing Raph a grin.

For a second, he just stared at her, but then he gave her a small smile. That was good. Raph never smiled unless he was inflicting pain.

With Raph in the front, and Donnie taking up the rear of the group, all four of them traveled down the hallway in a single-file line. None of them spoke because the whole hallway was silent.

Silent right until they heard Leo scream.

Not in pain. More like an "AHHHH IM GONNA KILL YOOUUUU" scream.

Nonetheless, it was a scream. Which meant something was happening.

With an unspoken agreement between all four of them, they took off running down the hall. They took a left, and there, in front of them, was the fight.

Leo looked murderous. Casey just looked like he was going along with it. And Mikey..looked terrified. He was just trying not to get killed.

Leo looked at Raph, and they had some sort of silent conversation. The next second, Raph turned to them and said, "Let's go."

"Go?" April and Jamie said at the same time. They looked at each other, eyebrows raised.

"Yes. Out of here. Donnie, take them," Raph instructed. "I'll help them in here."

"We're not just going to leave--" April started.

"Yes! You are!" Raph exclaimed. "The whole freaking point of us coming here was to save your butt so you're going to do me a favor and get out of here!"

April looked like she wanted to argue but decided not to. Raph unsheathed his sai and joined his other brothers and Casey in fighting Tang Shen.

The hallway was pretty wide, so Donnie, April, and Jamie were able to pass the others without being noticed by Tang Shen, which April thought was an accomplishment of a lifetime. That woman was crazy.

They had reached the door when there was another scream. But not the battle cry scream. A scream that said that someone was hurt.

April's heart stopped. Because that scream was Casey's.

She spun around, tears instantly filling her eyes.

She yelled his name and saw him. Tang Shen had her sword impaled into him.

She wanted to scream his name again, but her throat felt like it had been glued shut.

Casey. Casey. Casey. Casey. Casey.

His name repeated over and over and over again in her mind.

She stepped forward. She had to get to him. He was falling onto the ground, with the sword still in his chest. As he fell, Tang Shen ripped it out, and he screamed again.

Then he hit the ground, and April looked away from him. Just for a second. Just to look at Tang Shen's face.

She. Was. Smiling.

As if stabbing someone was like watching the Looney Tunes.

April took another step forward. Someone's hand was on her shoulder, but she didn't even care who it was.

Suddenly, she was running. Sprinting towards him. She didn't care that Tang Shen was there. She needed to get to him.

Her throat suddenly cleared up, and she sobbed, "Casey!"

She could hear, just barely, Tang Shen saying, "You should've never come here, Leonardo."

Everything else in the world vanished. But it wasn't like when she hugged Donnie. It was more like she had been drowned and now it was just her beneath the water, unable to resurface.

She collapsed in front of him, grabbing him and pulling his head up so that he could see her.

Don't die. Don't die, she pleaded in her head. Aloud, all she could say was his name. Her tears spilled all over his face, and it looked like he was crying, too. Maybe he was. She didn't know.

And, of course, he had to be an idiot about this. He was freaking dying, but he smiled. He smiled up at her and she lost it.

"Hey, Red," he just barely said. He started coughing, huge, ugly coughs, and blood was coming out of his mouth.

"Oh gosh oh gosh.." April fretted. She started wiping away the blood with the sleeve of her shirt, but then she realized that he was just staring blankly up at her.

"No," she said. "NO!" her next word was a scream. "CASEY! LOOK AT ME!" But he wasn't moving. He wasn't responding. And he wasn't smiling anymore. "CASEY!"

Without realizing it, she was sobbing and shaking uncontrollably. Someone grabbed her from being, and she screamed. Whoever was behind her picked her up and turned her to face him. She was crying so hard that she couldn't even tell who it was.

April didn't want to move, so she just stood there, crying her heart out, in front of whoever she was facing. Finally, the person/turtle just picked her up and carried her bridal style towards where she thought the exit to the place was.

She kept repeating his name and begging whoever was carrying her to let her down.

Casey.

Casey's gone.

Small authors note: and that concludes book 2. THANKS FOR READING ALL OF YOU!!! IM SO HAPPY THAT THIS BOOK IS FINISHED!!! stay awesome, my turtle fans <3