One

Darkness takes over, everything is quiet and sane. Whispers continue to fill my brain. I struggle to escape but I can't find light.

I wake. Deep breaths fill my lungs. It's dawn the sun is just rising. I wipe my face and get out of bed, I walk to the balcony and stare out to the horizon.
I hear someone behind me and touches my back.

"Why are you up so early?" David asks.
"Couldn't sleep." I answer. "Why not?" He questions.

There is a long pause between us.

"Do you think he's coming back?" I ask. "Lexi.. Of course he's coming back he wouldn't leave you." David hugs me.

"Why are you awake so early?" "My wife is pregnant and I wake up early to help." He smiles.

I turn to look out to the sun again.

"I know you are taking care of me until my dad comes back but do I really have to sleep in a dress?" I ask, David chuckles at my remark.

"It's the proper sleepwear." He answers, " Where's your dress?". He laughs again.

We look at the sun rise from the distance. "I think you should head to bed." He said turning back to the hallway.

"I guess so." I answer following. "Try to fall asleep again you haven't been sleeping properly." He smiles.

"I can try." I smile back. "Why don't we train today with swords and fighting." I ask.

He looks at me in concern "Please. I need to get out of my head for a while."

"Alright." He sighs. I hug him and thank him as I walk back to my bedroom.

I sit quietly on my bed and look out the window. Someone knocks at my door. "Lexi...?" It's Peter.

"Come in." I say not turning my head. He sits beside me and I rest my head on his shoulder. "I can't sleep." He said petting my hair softly. "I know, I saw you fake sleeping as I passed by your room." I smile. I feel him smiling.

"Can I lay with you?" He asked quietly. "I don't know Peter. You might get in trouble." I say sitting back up.

"Hey." He lifts my chin to look at him, "I have killed and hurt people. I had my own. evil ego ripped out from my body, How much more trouble can I get into?" He smiles. I giggle at his answer and nod allowing his to rest with me.

I climb under the covers and he joins me, he hugs me tight as I kiss his neck.
He rubs my arm and I slowly fall back asleep back to the darkness of my own thoughts.

•••••••••

First chapter of many hope you read the book and love it❤️❤️

Love y'all so much!!

-Lexi☁️