4. Secrets

BTW I AM UPDATING EVERY DAY AS MUCH AS I CAN

/////////////

The whole drive was filled with silence and occasional sighs. I was still in my sweatpants and hoodie from that night that brought me to where I was now. I looked ahead at the road we were on. It was foggy, cold...deserted. I looked up to the sky, rain drops were barely falling. I looked at my pale skin, slight yellow. I then lastly looked at Matt, the unexpected one who I yet to fear. We've been on the road for what I guessed was 2 hours. I looked around the car when something caught my attention. In the other cup holder there was a silver guitar pick. He plays? I wanted to ask, but the look in his eyes made me stop and not want to do it. Yeah, it wasn't the most appropiate time to ask.

I stared down at the bracelets wrapped around my wrist, when suddenly a phone goes off. He stops for a second then pulls over at the road. I knew it was my phone in my back pocket. I started panicking when I saw that he was walking out of the car. He opened my door and roughly pulled me out, grabbing my phone and held it chuckling at me. Shaking his head side to side slowly and playfully.

"Wow. Ariana you're full of surprises." He said. I just looked down...

Wait a minute. How does he know my name? I was beyond passed scared now.

"How- how do you know my name?" I asked worried about what he'll say.

"Listen I-" he was cut off by the sound of cop sirens.

Next thing you know the cop is driving towards us. I turned back to him, he gave me a look of 'you try anything and you are dead'. The cop pulled over and walked towards us.

"Hello folks." The cop said, taking off his hat.

"Well hello to you too sir." Matt said pulling off a fake smile.

"Do you couple have a problem?" He asked. Matt shook his head meaning no. I stood a little behind him and mouthed 'help me' to the cop. He looked in my direction raising his eyebrow, walking towards Matt inspecting him closely.

"Well I think I better be going now." He says. Opening his car door to the police car.

"Wait!" I yelled. Surprised by my actions.

The cop turned around. "Yes m'am?"

Matt tightened his grip on me to the point my blood was able to stop its circulation.

"Thanks." I said, staring at my feet with no emotion.

He signalled for us both to go back to the car and leave. Matty still had my phone in his hand. He shoved it into his back pocket getting into the car. I followed into the passengers side.

Matt's jaw clenched and his knuckles turned white as he drove off. He drove towards a bridge getting out the car. HE'S GOING TO DROWN ME. I thought of all the things I could do to save my poor life. I expected him to pull me out of the car but he didn't. He dropped my phone into the water and just stared into space.

We have now been in the car for 6 hours straight. And only made 2 pit stops for gas. I looked ahead at the sign that read: NOTTINGHAM 5 MILES AWAY.

"We're here." he said plainly.

It was grey and quiet here, not any different to the previous places we've been. He exited the road we were on and drove onto another for 10 minutes, to an average looking house. It looked lonely. He parked up in the driveway and got out. He walked out to the other side pulling me out. Telling me to come on. We entered the house. Let's just say...it wasn't the most colorful place.

"We'll be staying here for a while. It'll be just me and you from here and out." When he said that I cringed. That's basically forever??? I shook my head. This cannot be.
"Then what is the point in kidnapping me?" He just shook his head as if it was the most obvious thing in the world which only filled me with anger. I looked around the house, passing by a room filled with band posters and records. I guessed this room belonged to Matt. I realized how much similar our music taste was. I spotted a guitar in the corner of the room. Aha! He does play. Although that did not lighten up my mood. I walked through the halls when I noticed a picture. It was a different picture of the same lady and boy...
Matty.

I spoke up. Who's house is this?"

"My parents. They don't live here anymore." he struggled to say that. I turned a hall. There was only one bedroom considering the fact that the house wasn't that big.

"We're sleeping here. Thankfully the bed is bigger." He said walking to a closet which belonged to the room. He came back out with a T-shirt and black jeans. He threw them to me, telling me to get changed. I walked to the bathroom to do so without even questioning who's clothes they were. As long as I could finally change into cleaner clothes. I looked in front of me in the mirror and gasped quietly. I looked like a mess. I was beyond pale and had dark purple bags underneath my eyes. I quickly put on the shirt and left the bathroom. I walked back into the room to where Matty was and I saw he had a guitar in his hand. He was saying stuff to himself. Walking around the house looking for something.

"We better be going." he stated.

"Where are we going?" I asked. Following him out of the door.

"I'm going to go and play a gig." he said simply.

I sat there smiling slightly because of the atmosphere the coffee shop had that I was sat in. Apparently this is where the gig is. Matty is getting ready to play his gig with his band called the 1975. On the little stage. He grabbed hold of the microphone and spoke.

"Hello everybody." he starts. "My name is Matty. And we're the 1975. And today we will be singing 'girls'."

Everyone started clapping and the music starts. He starts playing the guitar and then he sings. Half way through he looked me directly in the eyes and sang.

It had finished and everyone was cheering. But I just sat there shocked....

Who was this guy who had kidnapped me?

/////////////////

Hi! I really like the new cover I made for this.