10. long time no see

I screamed, then widening my eyes. Breathing heavily. It was her again. Matt came bursting into the room through the door "Ari! What happened!? Are you okay?" he asked in a panicked tone. I nodded my head slightly.

"Just a nightmare." Matty sighed in relief. I turned my head to the clock beside me which read: 2:34am. It's now been six days, which means they would be expecting me today. No wonder Matt was so worried, but when Matt was worried it only caused me to be frightened.

"Okay. I just wanted to make sure you were alright." he replied walking back to his room.

"Wait!" I quietly said. Matt turned and raised his eyebrow. "Can you stay here?" I asked shyly. "Just until I fall asleep?" he smiled and walked towards the bed. I moved over to the side to make room for him. We kind of just laid there awkwardly with a slight small space inbetween us.

"Matt...I'm sorry about what I had said earlier." I gently whispered. Breaking the awkward silence.

"Babe, there's no need to worry. It was my fault anyway." he smiled. I returned one back. I turn over so now that my back was facing towards him.

"Goodnight." he says.

"Goodnight." I reply. He pulls me close to him with his arm around my waist. Causing me to beam a smile.

I woke up, to see we were both still in the same position we both fell asleep in last night. I turn my body around to see Matt's face. There was something different, I scanned his face. Then noticed it was the crease in his forehead and the smile on his face. He was actually happy, I feel like he was that kid that grew up too fast. Right now he looked like a little kid which made me happy. I stop myself from staring to stop myself from getting embarrassed in case he wakes up. I closed my eyes. Getting closer to Matt, if that was even possible. I smiled while I can because I sure knew it wouldn't be there for long..

"How does he even know we're here!?" Matt yelled down into the speaker. "George, I'm telling you I think Daniel snitched on me." he yells again. He walks around the suite gathering random belongings and stuffing them into a suitcase. I just sat there on the couch watching it all happen. "Whatever George, I'm going to go." he says.  "Bye." hanging up.

"Ariana I'm going to have to go to the shops. Really quick to get something. I shouldn't be that long okay? Stay here. And whatever you do, don't even move." he explains grabbing his wallet and leather jacket. I watched as he exited the door, resulting on an eternity of silence.

Matt's POV

I put the receipt into the bag as I exited the store. I made sure no one noticed me as I walked back to the suite. It wasn't that far away. I walked through the empty streets when I was suddenly pulled into an alleyway causing me to drop all of my bags. It was Daniel.

"Where is she, Matt?"

I looked at him without fear.

"Matthew! Where is she?" he yells once again, in my face.

"She's gone."

"What do you mean she's fucking gone!?" he yelled studying my face.

"She's gone, she left awhile back." I yelled back louder.

He studies my face. "Just wait until he finds out mate." Daniel says with a smirk whilst walking out of the alleyway.

"Oh, but he's not.." I whispered grabbing the back of his sweater pulling him back towards me. He turned around ready to throw a punch. I ducked then throwing him against the brick wall behind him. I grabbed a hold of his head banging it against the wall whilst my other hand aimed for his face. I let go of him, staring at his limp body. I continued to look upwards at the blood stained brick. I shake my head, now glaring at my hands. They were covered in blood. It's as if all the promises I had made were nothing.

Ariana's POV

Matt should've been home by now, I ponder to myself. No, I'm not a lost puppy right now. I actually know what's happening considering the fact that Matt was having a conversation with one of his band members about being 'found'. Where can we possibly go now? We can't go back to London; and I can't go back to Manchester. I bit my lip as my mind explodes with all these thoughts running in my head. The door unlocks causing me to turn my head. Matt. He appears with the crease in his forehead and the straight line formed on his face. I look down at his hands which stay down beside his sides. They were a slight shade of red, I then look at his white T-shirt which had splattered dark red spots. He didn't.

"Who was it?" I asked not even the slightest bit shocked.

"Look Ari I'm sor-"

"Who was it?" I repeated. A bit stern this time. He sighs shaking his head side to side slowly.

"Daniel." he breathes. Daniel? Daniel from that night at the airport? I ask myself. His facial expression stays the same except this time he's looking down. No, I'm not angry at him; it had to be done. I'm just dissapointed because of what he said about that girl that he once loved. Then he says I remind him of her? He actually made me believe that he had actually changed his ways since then. Sure, I haven't known Matty for the longest. But honestly, you think you know somebody then all of a sudden you realize that it was all an act. I definitely know that Matt isn't the good guy here. But I know that he's trying to be the best that he can be. It's the only reason why I haven't stopped looking hope and depending on him. Otherwise, I would've been long gone from here way back.

I sat there stirring my tea around with Adam straight across from me, Matt beside me and the other two on the table next to us. Matt suggested that we met up with them before we left Paris. The thought of leaving again made my stomach twist. I stare at Adam while Matt has a conversation with George about the whole 'plan'.

"Ariana. If I were you I'd be careful with a guy like Matt." he whispers to me.

"Don't you think I already know that Adam?" I reply, whispering.

"Trust me, don't fall for his charms. You don't want to end up like Amelia." he whispered once again, looking down.

Amelia? That must be the girl Matty was deeply in love with. That's if it was even love. I looked over to Matty, what if he's just only brainwashing me? What if he's just using his precious charms to get his money? But then why did he kill Daniel? All I am doing is confusing myself.

"Do you even know what happened?" I replied. Matt said he loved her.

"Wow, his charms are really working on you now aren't they?" Adam said with a slight chuckle. His comment made me slightly angry, but there was no way that I was going to show it. What if he's telling the truth? What if everything Matt had told me was a whole ball of lies?

"Are you sure you're okay?" Matt asked for the billionth time, resting his hand on my shoulder. I nod my head everytime he asked. Stupid Adam's words were starting to affect me. I'm starting to see Matt as the person I first saw him as. I don't want to.

"Matt?" He says yes by raising an eyebrow. "Did you really love her, Amelia?" Matt turns his head towards me.

"Why are you asking me this? I thought we talked about this before?" He replies. "How do you even know her name?" he turns again.

"I just do." I reply mimicking his words. He just chuckles in a sarcastic way as to say 'you're really going to play this game?' well yes Matt, yes I am.

"You know you're a pain in the ass right?" he says giving me a slight smile. I nod my head smiling back.

I believe in Matt, he is actually here to protect me and to keep me safe. He really doesn't want me to end up like Amelia. I have fate in him, go ahead and say I'm crazy and all. Maybe Adam was the crazy one. Who knows...

/////////

I hope you're all enjoying this fan fiction so far.