VIII

Hiiiiiii
----
"So, leprechauns aren't real?"

"No, Harry."

"Are you sure? You've never even seen one before!"

"I'm sure Harry. And exactly, I've never seen one before because they don't exist."

"But you're Irish, shouldn't you have met one before?"

"Harry, that's racist."

"Oops, sorry."

Harry smiled sheepishly as Niall chuckled at him. They didn't know how they ended up talking about leprechauns, but they were. Harry is always full of surprises.

Currently, the two were at Harry's house playing videos games. Both relieved it was Friday and they didn't have homework.

Niall wanted to ask what's been going on with Louis, but he didn't know how to address it. He doesn't even know if he should bring it up. Niall knows he doesn't have to be in the middle of this, but they're both his friends, and he kind of wants them together, so he put himself in the middle.

"Hey, um how's Louis?" Niall asked nervously.

Harry looked at him and sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"I'm not sure. He's been acting strange. I just wish he would tell me what's wrong. What if he knows that I love him as more than a friend?"

"You love him?"

Harry's widened and he shook his head rapidly. "N-no -- yes -- m-maybe, I don't know! All I know is that I just want to hold his hand and kiss him without it being weird. And despite me being taller than him, I want him to hold me so I'm the little spoon. I like being the little spoon." Harry smiles lightly at the image in his head of him and Louis.

"Don't you guys cuddle regardless?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, but it'd be different if we were boyfriends. Way different."

"I think you should just tell Harry how you feel. You guys have been friends since freshman year, you should be able to tell him anything." Niall suggested, eating a cookie from the plate Harry's mom gave to them. Harry swears she bakes more than she cooks.

Shaking the thought from his head, he said, "I could tell him, but I'm scared it'd ruin our friendship,"

"Only if you let it." Niall interrupted. Harry rolled his eyes and continued.

"We could end up in a bad break up and never speak to each other again! Plus, if I did tell him we won't date because he's afraid of commitment. He's dated girls for a week then drops them once he gets bored. I've witnessed this and I'm just scared that he'll reject me." Harry barely noticed the tears streaming down his face until Niall wiped one away with his thumb.

Harry looked up at his friend and broke down into sobs. He buried his face in chest, gripping onto the thin fabric of Niall's shirt. Niall held him, whispering encouraging words to him and rubbing his back.

After about twenty minutes of crying, Harry's breathing was steady and he was somewhat calm.

"You alright?" Niall asked him quietly. Harry nodded against his chest. He stayed there for a few extra minutes and then lifted his head up.

Harry wiped his face clean of snot mixed with tears. He noticed he to some on Niall's shirt and apologized.

"Sorry, Ni." Niall chuckled and told him it was okay. Harry laughed with him, then it does down.

After another few minutes of silence Harry asks, "Niall, have you ever been in love?"

"That's a hard question, but yes I have. Her name was Natalie and I loved her so much. I still do."

"What happened?" Harry asked as he yawned. His eyelids were getting droopy and he fought the sleep to listen to his friends past love. However, Niall noticed and made him lay down.

"I'll tell you tomorrow. You've had a busy day today. Good night, Harry, see you in the morning." Niall stated then pulled the blanket over his friends body.

Niall is that type of friend that you're lucky to have. He will tuck you in for crying out loud. He will always be there for you no matter what and you could call him at 2AM if you wanted. Of course he'd yell at you first, but he'll help you with your problem.

Overall, Niall is just a great friend. You'd be lucky to have him as a friend.

Niall fixes his blankets that were beside Harry's bed then lays down in them. He wishes that Louis and Harry will just get together already, but he understands the whole 'don't want to ruin our friendship' thing.

He knows.
-----
hey sorry this update is really lame, really late, and really short. I've just been busy with school work and stuff.

Next update will be longer :)
~tangy