The Turn; The Camden Files

She lay in her bed. Back in her rightful home. She was fast asleep with a huge t-shirt swallowing her up. She's been asleep for three hours now and it's minutes to eight.
    I walked over to her and placed the back of my hand on her cheek. I rubbed her cheek softly and said her name. Her eyes fluttered open, trying to adjust to the light. She looked at me and smiled lightly.
      "Hey,"she said in a whisper.
      "Salut mi amour. Comment ça va ma femme?"
      "Comme si comme ça mais j'ai tres fatigue," she replied in perfect french. Just like always.
      "D'accord cheri mais vous avez faim ou soif?"
      "A little bit. But I don't want to get up,"she told me and I nodded.
      "You don't have to." I went to the kitchen got her a snack and orange juice and returned to her. "Have this and when you're strong enough, I want to take you to dinner. Okay?" She smiled lightly.
      "Okay." She ate and drank amd then after convincing me that she was strong enough and perfectly fine. We begun to get dressed to go to dinner. It was kind of cute to see her try to put on her nude flats, while her stomach was bulging out. After watching her struggle, I helped her slip them on. She had on a cream fit and flare turquoise and white dress. She brushed her hair back and put on a nude head band. I decided to match her buy wearing a nude hurt and a turquoise tie. She smiled when she saw me.
       "You look quite dapper and smart Mr. Hyworthy, "she told me as she brushed of my shoulder. I smiled and kissed her forehead.              
       "And you look quite beautiful Mrs. Hyworthy." she smiled and said thank you. "Now lets go before we miss our reservation.
       I drove us to Chews-days, a posh Jamaican restaurant about twenty-five minutes away. When we got there, I parked and got out and opened her door for her. I took her hand and lead her towards the door and the hostess took us to our table. We were seated, given menus and left to make our decisions. After about five minutes of staring at the menu, I decided to start a conversation.
       "So how is the baby?"I asked her. Her face lit up.
       "My little-"
       "Our little,"I corrected her.
       "Yes. Our little skittle is doing fine. When I hit the three month mark in two weeks I will have another appointment. But just for a check up." I snickered and her face fell. "What?"she asked me quite confused as she cocked her head to the side.
       "Skittle Teigan?"I asked her while trying to silence my laugh. Alas, I could hold it in no longer. I laughed loudly causing several heads to turn. With a small smile on her face, she hit my forearm lightly.
        "Yes skittle! Now shh! People are staring,"she scolded.
        "Teigan our baby isn't candy,"I reasoned. She crossed her arms over her bosom like a six year old that was not getting her way. She pouted her lips and said,
        "So. Doesn't mean anything Camden."
        "Skittle? That's totally-"I stopped when I saw the idiot man walk through the doors of the restaurant with a young petite lady. Her stupid boss that wanted her but of course, knowing Teigan, she doesn't know that.
         "Camden? What is the matter? You look a tad bit upset and red in the face,"she observed. He caught my eye and saw Teigan in front of me. He too became upset and eyed me as he was escorted to his table. "Camden?" I blinked and returned my focus to my wife.
         "Yes mi amour. Je suis desoleé. C'est rien,"I told her, trying to reassure her that I was okay.
         "Are you sure?"she asked.
         "Oui, ça va bien ma femme." She smiled.
         "D'accord mon mari." I smiled realizing I had nothing to be worried about. He was over there and I was over here. Nothing could necessarily go wrong.
          "Hi, I'm Nathaniel and I'll be your waiter for today. Have you decided what you would like?"Nathaniel asked politely in a monotone voice. I looked at Teigan giving her the signal to respond first.
           "Yes,"she said looking at the waiter,"I would like the red peas soup with smoked chicken and a blended fruit punch please,"she said politely as Nathaniel scribbled it down.
           "And you sir?"Nathaniel asked.
           "I would like the jerked pork with rice and peas, mixed vegetables and a glass of mango pineapple juice please."
           "No problem. Any desert?" Teigan ordered the banana foster without the rum and when Nathaniel left, excused herself to go and use the bathroom. I watched her go and then whipped out my phone. I answered a couple emails as I was still trying to catch up on the time that I lost when Teigan left.
            Then a shrill scream came from the female restroom followed by and grunt and Teigan speed walking out almost in tears. The whole restaurant was silent and looking between my wife and the restroom. I shot up from my seat and ran towards her.
           "Teigan, baby what's wrong?"I asked her very worried.
           "H-h-h-he-he p-pulled o-o-out-"she tried.
           "Hold on Teigs. Breathe."she breathed I and out. "Now tell me." She pointed behind me and told me to look.
           "That little bastard flashed her!"shouted a man as he exited the male restroom. Another male had him pinned on the floor, apparently the one that rescued my Teigan. I sat Teigan down and a nice woman came and attempted to calm her down while I stormed over to the area.
           It was Lindon Josephs. Her damn boss. He was pinned under a man who was struggling while trying to call the police.  I lifted the bastard up from under him while her made the report.
           "What the hell is wrong with you you idiot! Can't you see that she's pregnant? And even if she wasn't why the hell would you do that for?! What's your fucking issue?!"I screamed at him.
           "Nothing! Fucking back off man!"she said pushing me away from himself. "Not like she was going to be good enough anyways if she sticks with a guy like you."
          I through a punch right across his face. He tried to swing but I easily stepped out of the way.
          "Camden! No it's not worth it!"screamed Teigan. She was right. It wasn't. Plus I needed to get her out of this "stressful environment". I turned around to walk back to her. "Camden! Run!" I slightly turned and saw people jumping in my direction. That's when I felt glass shatter over my head and I fell to the floor. The last thing I heard was Teigan's voice before I blacked out. She totally quitting that job and he is definitely going to jail.

*******************

Yass update. Sorry im late by nuff. Ik. Have a physics lab and a netball match tomo God knows when I will sleep tnite but I had to update for y'all. Enjoy! Vote and comment! Lateerrrr daaaaayyyyyzzzz!

- Naomi ♡