Part 5: A lad named Phil

Wynne walks on the pathway to her home with the Beatles record in one hand and a paper bag from the small market downtown. Her mum and dad's cars were parked in the driveway, along with Tony's.
She creaked open the door, and tried to sneak to her room but was caught by her mum, Nora, " Browynne! Come help me unload the groceries, please!!"
She sighed, and mumbled under her breath. She was stopped by Tony, who was mindlessly nibbling a stale crumpet from the pantry, " What's in the bag, Wynne?"
" It's none of your business," Wynne huffed, and Tony reached for the bag. Wynne pulled back.
" Tony, it's feminine things." Nora retorted.
" Tampons!" Wynne yells, the word makes Tony cringe.
The two girls laugh, and Wynne kisses Nora's cheek, " Hi mum...what's for dinna?"
" Cottage pie," she grinned, unpacking the meat, " And some toffee pudding."
Her mum makes the best food, although if she's making toffee pudding, somethings up.
" Toffee pudding!" Tony and Wynne exclaimed at the same time.
" You and your brother have been good the past few weeks. Tony takes good care of you, and you have been going to every ballet rehearsal?"
Her face paled. Tony left the room and stared at the calendar in the living room, distracting his eyes. Wynne smiled at her, and she smiled back, " This is my lil' treat since I haven't been home much, have I?"
" No, you have not." She smiled.
" What record did purchase, love?"
" I told you mum, the Beatles Abbey Road."
" Oh, I like that one."
She was hesitant, " I had to fight for it...well not really. There was another lad in the store who wanted the same record as me, and there was only one copy." Wynne could tell her mum anything.
" Would you say it was, ' love at first fight'?"
" No, mum!" Nora laughed, " We pushed the record back and forth at each other, and then I said fine and took. He was a nice lad..."
" Was he cute?"
" He was a lil' taller than me, with these really beautiful blue eyes mum, and he had a weakening smile. He was such a gentleman ."
" It sounds like you had a good day today." Nora grinned; as she double tasked talking with her youngest child and preparing for dinner.
" ....I don't know if I'll ever see him again, mum."
" Oh, please. We don't live 'en that big of town. It's a small world, Wynne."
" You don't think this is weird, mum? I can't tell Tony about this, he'll freak."
" Why's that?"
" He won't take me seriously!"
" Are you saying that, you want to go downtown again and find that boy?"
" You make it sound like I'm a kidnapper."
" Is it or is it not?"
" I don't know...are you sure that's not too weird?"
" I don't think so, did you catch the lad's name?"
" Phil," said Wynne, " I really like the name too."
" I'll tell you what, you go downtown tomorrow, and if you find him let him walk you home. Do you have pounds for the bus?"
She nodded, " Thanks mum."
" Wynne!" Tony shouted, entering the kitchen, " Time for your piano lesson."
She sighed, and after hugging her mum, followed Tony to the basement.