Chapter 3

It's never too late to change.
-Chapter 3-
-Eveline's POV-

I growl lightly and attempt to get the Beta's hands off of me. They only get tighter and my destiny rushes towards us.

"Do not touch her!" The Beta is forced into submission and I'm engulfed in a tight embrace after running into my mate's arms. The Alpha King, my mate, whispers soothing words into my ear, in attempt to calm himself and to let me know I'm ok even though no harm has come to me.

I smile lightly before the Alpha's face morphs into anger and he gently places me on the ground, rushing towards the Beta whilst lifting him high into the air by his neck. He screams 'mine'. I scramble to my feet, darting to the scene and hopelessly tear at his arms. "Stop!" The desperateness in my voice leaks through and I scream it louder. He looks at the floor and drops his beta, kneeling down to caress my face.

"Are you all right? You didn't hurt yourself, did you?" I almost melt at his voice, then I remember the subject at hand.

"You almost killed him!" I sob violently. "And your so damn bipolar!"

"I'm sorry, he hurt you and-" He  shuts his mouth and picks me up, his hands laying in the crook of my knees and behind my neck.

After a long silence I look up at him curiously, "What is your name?"

"Thaddeus Laurie," a French accent leaks through and I bite my lip.

"Eveline Rose Thomas."

"Ma rose," he whispers. I shift when I notice that he doesn't make eye contact.

"Are you okay," I ask tenderly. He takes a deep breath and caresses my cheek.

"I'm blind, ma rose." I stiffen and stare at him with sad eyes. My beautiful mate couldn't see. The beautiful blue sky and dark green trees that I took for granted every day laid unseen by him.

"You're beautiful," I smile sadly. All my anger towards him has now dissipated and is replaced with pride. He looks down angrily and growls.

"If only you knew. I could never deserve someone as pure as you." A single tear collapses from my eyelid. I could never live up to what he expected from me. I have been touched by unfaithful hands. I am anything but pure. I am broken.

"We should probably go inside," I shake but he refrains from saying anything. He holds onto me tightly then places me on the ground. I grab his arm and lead him to the doorway. I look back to see the Beta laying on the ground, "Should we help him?" Thaddeus growls. "I'll take that as a no. Where to?"

"Third floor, last room on the left." I use brute force to pull open the tall doors. The inside has a modern and majestic feel, it takes energy for me to not stand and gape. We trudge up many staircases and I count them until we reach three. "Last door," he repeats.

We gets to the end of the hall and I slowly open the door, trying not to growl when I see who is on his bed.

"And who might you be?"