Chapter 20

I was sitting on the desk on a Monday just after changing my work clothes studying. I felt some other presence in the room but ignored it. Maybe it's Perrie or Laila, but Perrie is with her friends and Laila went grocery. So who could it be?

A piece of clothe was clasped over my mouth and two arms we're wrapped around me. I held my breath and tried to struggle out of their grip but failed and went out of breath. I breathed in the cloth and everything began fading away til it was black..

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I was sat on a chair but not tied. Ha! How stupid! They clearly don't know me. I took a look at my surroundings to the unfamiliar room. It was all gray and empty except a desk about two meters away from me. There we're about three or four shadows. One sitting and the rest we're standing.

Suddenly a light switched on and when I recognized the face I gasped and my eyes widen.

"Nick?" I asked shocked. "You are the gang leader?"

He smirked at me and played with his fingers. "Surprise I know. How are you doing, Fatma?" He asked casually.

"Better than you, Nick." I answered smirking. I crossed my arms loosely over my stomach, crossed my right leg over my left and made myself comfortable in the uncomfortable wooden chair.

"You have a big mouth just as Jake told me." He said still that stupid smirk over his face.

I nodded and my smirk grew bigger. "Yup." I said popping the 'p'.

"I don't have much time. So-" He said but I interrupted him.

"You have time killing people, stealing banks and so but no time for talking." I said. I uncrossed my arms and legs. I parted my legs slightly, rested my forearms on my thighs and leaned forward still smirking.

His face grew hard and his smirk dropped. "Don't mess with me, Fatma. You don't know -" He began but I interrupted him again.

"You don't know me and blah blah blah. Cut that shit and get straight to the point. 'Cuz I don't have time." I said smirking. A guy beside me was about to slap me but Nick raised his hand stopping him.

"I want you to be part of the gang. We will make some tests and-" He began but I also interrupted him.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't agree to be a part of the gang and I won't be. I told Jake to send you my message but I guess he didn't." I said looking at Jake who was standing beside him. I raised an eyebrow and he shrugged.

"He did. But I guess we could have a little talk. You will get good payment and will learn some useful things here." He said like it's so simple. I laughed sarcastically at him.

"Learn some things? Like killing people, being a thief, right? Yeah, it's pretty useful, but for you not me. I'm happy with my job and my payment is not as bad as you think it is. I get paid 5,500 bucks, it's good to me. I get with it what I want. And I came here to have a career not to be a part of a lot gang." I said slowly.

I don't want to be a part of a gang. I don't want to do something illegal plus it's haram in Islam. I just can't do it.

"Okay. You may go." He said confidently. There was something behind his tone that made me worried.

My bows shot up in surprise. "Go? Thats it you won't threaten me or anything?" I asked not believing him.

"Not yet." He said smirking. I swallowed the lump in my throat. I was scared he might hurt someone and threaten me on his life.