Freak

-Chapter 3-

"You have to take this medicine to make the headaches go away." The woman was beautiful, though not abnormally so. Her black hair was like the abyss and the white streaks that were forming due to the continuation of time made it look like she had shooting stars in her hair. Her face did not age as much but she obviously had years under her belt.

"Yes mom." The girl before her seemed about 10-years old. Her dark blue hair a side effect from the medicine she had taken. Along with her eyes as they tinted her once beautiful hazel eyes into a bright fiery red and orange. Much like the sunset as the colors battled in the sky before blue ultimately won. She was frail... Tiny and thin.

"What's wrong honey?" The woman asked, her mother, as she slipped the medicine past her daughters lips gently and handed her a glass of water.

The tiny girl took the glass and drank the medicine obediently before shaking her head, "... Nothings wrong... Just the headache." The girl murmured before handing the glass back to her mother. "I'm fine..."

"Alright then baby, tell me or daddy if you feel anything else besides the headache." Her mother smiled.

The girl knew better. That smile was empty... As it always was with her parents. Their smiles were either forced and empty upon her. And all the real love and warmth went to her sister and brother. Her parents tears, love, and happiness would always belong to her siblings. That is what she believed. And such a harsh reality to come to terms with at such a young age, was a truly saddening fact.