Chapter 22

I woke up to someone tapping my shoulder. I rolled away from them and tried to go back to sleep. There was a banging noise on the ground. I turned over to see what is was. Brody's laptop was on the ground. Thankfully it didn't look broken.

"Hey babe." He said, giving me a kiss.

"Hi." I said. I was still tired.

"You fell asleep while you were looking at rooms. But we saw the one that you put a heart on. Dad just left to go buy the stuff to design it." He said

"Are you done with the baby's room?" I asked

"No, we are waiting for the paint to dry. It will be done in a couple of hours. We should be done with it by tomorrow."

"Is that when your grandma comes?" I asked

"Yeah. She's getting here around dinner time." He said "Do you want to help clear out your room?"

"Yeah, but let me change into something else so that I don't ruin this." I said and I walked into my room.

I took off my shirt and exchanged it for a loose night shirt. Well, it used to be loose before baby. Now it was almost to tight. I decide to keep the black leggings on because they were old and I had a bunch of leggings anyways. When I walked out of the closet, Brody was in my room, sitting at on the bed.

"Ready?" He asked

"Yep." I said. He walked into the hallway and came back with a few boxes.

"Put everything from the desk and the shelves and stuff in here." He said as he handed me the boxes. I took everything off of the desk while he took the tv down.

"What now?" I asked once everything was off the desk and the shelves and the night stand.

"Now do the same thing with the stuff in the bathroom. Then take all the clothes and stuff out of the closet."

About two and a half hours later the whole room was cleaned out. We went downstairs to get something to eat. Just as we finished eating, James came back. I watched as him, Kody, and Lincoln took what seemed like a never ending stream of stuff upstairs. They finally stopped taking stuff up there.

"Ok, we're going to paint this room, then the nursery should be dry. We can start putting stuff in there next." James said

I was banned to the living room to watch tv while they painted. I'm not supposed to be by the paint fumes. When they were finally done, I jumped up off the couch.

"Can I do something now?" I begged

"Yes. You can be the decorator. Just tell us where you want stuff to go." James said. We walked into the nursery and they started putting the crib together. When they were done they looked at me expectantly.

"Ok, um, put it right there." I said, pointing to the wall just beside the door that leads to the balcony. That went on until the whole room was done. It was perfect. I walked out onto the balcony and sat down on one of the chairs out there. Brody came out and sat beside me.

"I love you." He said

"I love you to."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

"Ok. Everything is done." James said "You can go in now." I walked inside my- our new room. They all decided that I wasn't allowed inside until it was finished.

"I love it." I said, looking around.

"Good. Let's go eat lunch." Brody said, taking my hand. We walked downstairs and I heard a voice I didn't recognize.

"Hey Grandma." Brody said

"Hey honey. How are you doing?" She asked him.

"Good." He said

Then she looked at me as if she was just realizing my presence. "Who's the fat one?" She asked

I could already tell I was going to hate her. I turned around and walked upstairs to my room, not wanting to deal with any crap from some judgmental old lady.