Inside The System

Jack POV

I woke snuggled against Mark. I never felt weirder. I gently and carefully sat up, unable to fully move away because of Mark's arm wrapped around me. Great, now I'll have to move him... I grabbed his wrist and tried to move his arm. It didn't budge. I pulled a little harder, it moved only slightly. Why was he so strong??? He muttered something, making me freeze. And what made it worse was he wrapped BOTH arms around me and pulled me into his muscular chest. God dammit! Back to where I'd started... 

"Maaark!" I whispered, wanting him to let go before things got too weird.

"Mh...?" he was awake, but he had just woken up because his voice was still in sleepy mode.

Dammit. I blushed slightly, "Mark. Erm... Could you let me go, please?" I asked, swallowing.

He released me, his chocolate brown eyes popping open in surprise, "S-sorry, Jack!" he ran his hand through his hair.

I sat up and plopped next to him, giving a grin, "All fine, Mark."

"You sure? We've been like that all night..." his voice trailed off.

All night? What time was it?? I glanced at the wall clock and bolted into the bedroom.

"Uh...?" Mark looked at the time as well and followed me. We we're late for Indy Pop Con.

----

(At Indy Pop Con)

We practically ran all the way from the hotel to the coliseum. Not fun when you both have short legs. I ended up almost carrying Mark, his arms around my shoulders. Our panel hadn't started yet, and we were glad for that.

"Alright... Mark..." I panted, "Where... we.... at..?"

He pointed, entirely out of breath. We shambled over, Wade and bob giving us looks.

"Where'd you two go off to?" Wade asked.

"Just shut up, Wade..." Mark replied, sitting in a chair and cracking open a bottle of water. He then took the bottle and guzzled down over half of it.

I grabbed my own bottle and sat beside Mark, cracking mine open and drinking it. Mark wiped his mouth, "Ah.... There we go..." he sighed in relief.

I wiped my mouth, "Yeah? I agree with ya there, Mark." I replied, still tired, but refreshed.

Mark stared at me with a smile, I glanced back at him. "Er... Mark? Why ya starin' at me?" I asked.

He blinked, blushing dark red, "N-nothing." he lied, taking a drink of water.