Chapter Six: Girlfriend?

• Dedicated to Bianca Serrano

Chapter Six:

I spent all night thinking about the look he gave me. 

I couldn’t decode it.

What is it?! 

Uh! 

I know what to do.

\

I ran downstairs and asked my mom if I could go to Zayn’s house.

“Of course you can, honey. Just don’t be late for dinner.” 

I walked to the next block shaking.

Should I really tell him that I love him? 

Or should I wait for him the say it first?

Oh Kara, You’re so stupid.

Why would he kiss you if he didn’t have any feelings for you?

I pressed the doorbell at his house and waited.

When the door was opened I was kind of disappointed when I saw his mom, instead of him.

“Oh, hi Mia ! Are you here for Zayn?” his Mom, Tricia, asked.

“Yeah.”

“Sorry, He just left, went to bootcamp. Simon said he still had a chance to win, if he agrees to join a group of five. But you could go there if you want.”

She gave me the address. I was so glad it was still in Bradford ‘coz I don’t know how to get to anywhere else.

“Thank you Mrs. Malik, I’ll keep in touch. Bye.” I gave her a half hug since I was still holding the piece of paper in my right hand.

I left their house and got a taxi.

During the ride, I was contemplating if I should tell him that I love him or just kiss him on the spot. 

It’s really stupid, I know, but I don’t have any other ideas… do you?

It was raining when the taxi driver dropped me of in front of the x factor bootcamp.

It was raining hard.

But I had no choice but to get inside.

There was a girl by the door. She wasn’t far from my age. She looked eighteen or nineteen and she smiled when she saw me.

“Hi, I’m Kara and I’m looking for Zayn Malik.” I said, smiling back.

She looked at her log book and replied, “Um, are you looking for that Indian looking guy?” 

“Yes.”

“He just left. I think I heard he was going to go to another contestant’s house. I heard there’s gonna be a party in there.”

“Can I get the address?”

“If I may ask, how are you related to this Zayn guy?” I never liked the prying kind.

“I’m his girlfriend.”

“Oh.” She looked reaaally disappointed. Haha. Serves her right, he’s mine.

She gave me the address and I said thanks and left the place. 

I didn’t belong there.