3) Orphanage

Dil's POV

I keep running through the busy streets. My large coat trailing behind me. I keep moving until a policeman stops me. He picks me up and looks at me. He smiles like he succeeded and starts to take me away. I don't care anymore. I don't scream. I don't talk. Like the voice said. I stay completely silent. I am taken to an... Orphanage. That's what the officer said. A woman looks me up and down when I arrive.

"Filthy child. Ah well, we can fix that" she says and starts to try and take Pooh bear off me.

"POOH" I yell looking at her in disbelief. I grab onto Pooh tight and she looks at me menacingly. She let's Pooh go and I run away. She grabs me and throws me into a room. I hear the lock click on me and I begin to Panic again. I hammer my skinny fists into the door and eventually I cry myself to sleep. Pooh safely in my arms.

Time skip of a month brought to you by banana's (I like bananas ;P)

"DIL HOWELTER" The Mistress yells at me. I roll over in the white light shining through the grubby window. I manadge to slip myself out of bed.

I nod at the Mistress.

"Coward still? Good for you" she says sticking her nose up at me, disgusted.

Rightly so

Go away please

See how rude you are

I'm not

You are Dil... Face it.

I shake the voices off and run past the Mistress.

"SEIZE HIM" She yells and every worker in the carehome chases me out onto the street. I run through London, and past a group of people. One puts a hand out and catches me.

"Hello again" Says the girl. I look at her and recognise Zoe.

"Give that child back miss he is under strict supervision at London Orphanage" the Mistress announces. I hide myself quickly and Zoe gets suspicions quickly.

"Why is he scared of you?" She asks raising and eyebrow.

"He is a coward" the Mistress says snappily

She has a point

Zoe seems to care about me so ha

No she doesn't plus. You are loving again Dil.

Sorry

I feel tears fall down my face. I'm Tierd. I just ran across London. I have been homeless since I was four months old. I am being starved. I have been beaten. I have been kidnapped. I have had terrible voices develop in my head. I feel like giving up. I look sadly at the officer and somone grabs me onto their knee. I look behind me and see Alfie smiling at me. I feel warmth glow inside me. I only felt that with..... My Dads. Alfie wipes my tears away, looking me in the eye.

"What's wrong?" He asks sympathetically. I shake my head.

"Are you not talking now?" Alfie asks and I look down in shame. To my surprise, Alfie pulls me into a hug.

"Dillon, come," The Mistress snaps and I open my mouth and stutter

"J-just D-dil"

Alfie looks at me his eyes wide

"'Dil' what??" The Mistress says grumpily

"D-dil H-how-ell- L-Lester"