Inviting The Virgin (16)

After debating it Mimi and I had decided to head back to Stella’s house. We figured that we would be able to gather more information there than at the mall. Stella was changing her pervious plans just to try to knock me out of the challenges. She wouldn’t settle for anything but me at the bottom once again. She must have assumed that I would have dropped out of the game a long time ago, forcing myself into oblivion.

            I used to be a shadow and now she was scared of me.

            Finally having my car back I drove back to Stella’s house, only making a couple wrong turns. There was a lack of other vehicles. The other girls must have been enjoying their time off. Mimi and I had nothing better to do than plot. Any information we could gain would be beneficial. 

            “I wonder where everyone is?” Mimi asked while he walked up the steps—“Most likely still at the mall having fun and resting,” I replied jokingly.

            The door wasn’t locked, luckily.

            Both Mimi and I walked cautiously through the house. All the walls were white with dark rimmed photographs hanging from every wall. Random side tables held vases, statues, figurines or candles. Having this much money created a monster, it created Stella.

            “You know, if we really wanted to know what was going on we could just ask Sandra,” She insisted.

            “Mimi it is a complicated story,” I told her. Sandra had been willing to help me but I didn’t know where her loyalties lied. To turn on Stella and defy her was a lot to ask.

            “No actually it isn’t that complicated you should just ask her and see what happens.” She was frustrated—“Fine,” I replied.

            “I will talk to her but I can’t promise anything.” I couldn’t help but sigh thinking about having to confront Sandra about this. We had gone through an awkward friendship breakup and now none of us really knew each other.

            She was playing hot and cold. She was giving me hints and helpful details but still she called me the virgin, a nickname I despised. Forgiving her for leaving me along and ignoring my very existence was something that wasn’t happening overnight. I highly doubted she would ever apologize but I didn’t know what I was expecting.

            “Let’s look around and see what we can find,” I told her walking up the stairs. We reached the familiar hallway, tiptoeing towards are room. It felt as if we were breaking and entering. The piece of paper with our names on it were still taped onto the doors. Someone had taken a black marker and scratched off the people who are no longer here. They were the fallen soldiers.