Inviting The Virgin (28)

“Why couldn’t we just live in Canada!” Jordan exclaimed.

        All three of us started to walk to the exit of the mall. My car was parked somewhere in the middle of the parking lot. Each of us carried a bag of strange goods when we exited the doors. If someone had asked to search our bags I don’t think I might be able to hold in the laughter.  

        “Hey.” Someone muttered causing all of us to turn around.

        “I forgot that you were my ride home.” Zack lifted his back off the wall.

        He sauntered over towards the three of us walking a couple feet behind us as we walked. There was something off about Zack. It might have had something to do with me dumping a whole tray of food and half a drink on him. It was obvious that it must have been his time of the month with all of us mood swings. Sometimes he would kiss me for no reason and other times he didn’t want anything to do with me.

        Zack was confusing but I didn’t know how long I would be able to play this cat and mouse game until feelings were hurt. To be honest I was more concerned about mine. If Zack asked one simple question the answer would be yes. I liked him but my heart had been broken before and broken would be an underrated term.

        “So where do we go?” Jordan asked.

        I looked at her giving her a strange look. “Oh.” She said after realizing the flaw in her statement. We all gave a small chuckle before we reached the red bug. It was always easy to find in the parking lot. I hadn’t seen another one driving on the streets. I went to lift the trunk of the car placing the strange assortment of items into its hollow spot.

        “I don’t think we are going to be going anywhere any time soon.” Zack stood back with an almost pleased smile on his face.

        I looked at him questioning why he would say something like that. It wasn’t until I noticed the deflated tires on all four sides. Searching every inch of the car it was obvious someone had purposely slashed all four of my tires. I was in utter disbelief.

        Stella really had no limits.

        The costs of these tires were high. They were old and rare and had a large price tag on them. I thanked God that she didn’t key the body. When I was sixteen I had spend a whole summer buffering out the dents of the old bug making it look like new.

        “You’ve got to be kidding me!” Looking up at the sky I cursed it.

        “Seriously! Seriously!” I exclaimed.

        There was no particular gesture I was making. They were strange twitching movements as I ran around my car hoping that this wasn’t reality. Stella’s daddy would have to pay a pretty penny in order to get new tires for my car.