Inviting The Virgin (36)

The truth Mimi had sprung up came to a shock from everyone. Although I knew the reality she had twisted it to fit her needs. Convincing everyone else that Mimi had been deceitful when she was playing her best southern bell act would be my greatest challenge.

            “Eden,” Jordan gave me a saddened look. I knew that she believed what Mimi was saying.

            I didn’t care about Stella, Nancy or Sandra who most likely would be intrigued and impressed by this unreal action. Instead I starred at Jordan, the only real person I had left to assist me with the rest of this weekend. The look she gave me back was disheartening.

            “Jordan, I swear that I can explain everything,” I started to tell her only to be silenced by Jordan.

            “So it’s true,” she exploded my hands forced to raise up in defence while she stepped forwards.

            My mouth stumbled over the words I could use to explain this to her but none seemed to justify—“Yes,” being honest seemed like it might make this matter better.

            “See,” Mimi decided it was time to add some of her smug comments. Everyone was on her side and I understood why—“She has it in her pocket right now.” I gritted my teeth listening to her words.

            Instead of trying to deny the facts that were true I pulled the ticket out of my back pocket. Eyes popped out of everyone’s head seeing the piece of paper in my hand. It was like the first time I held her initial invitation. It was either going to end one way or another.

            “Eden, Why?” she pleaded her voice small.

            “Isn’t it obvious? Eden stole the ticket that way she could use it. She cheated and she’s a liar,” Mimi snickered and that was the last straw.

            “Me?” I shouted—“I’m not the dirty lair here.” I poked Mimi in the shoulder making her take a step back—“That would be you; you.” I shoved her once again winding up.

            “You, lying thieving dimwitted hick,” I shouted giving both her shoulders one last shove. She glared at me before her feet slipped and she fell into the pool.

            She flailed her arms but neither Stella nor Jordan were willing to risk the plunge to assist her. Mimi fell into the water leaving her drenched while water splashed up and over the rim. It was my turn to snicker.

            “Jordan, I found the ticket in Mimi’s wallet. I stole it from her because I knew that it was yours. Here,” I extended by hand towards her offering her the ticket back.