eight

it's ten minutes past 10 and tyler and josh are on to their second disney film, after they finished alladin tyler had insisted that they watch the little mermaid. the two are sat on josh's sofa, tyler's head is on josh's thigh as josh plays with tyler's hair absentmindedly.

josh smiles fondly as tyler hums along to 'a part of your world,' suddenly tyler freezes and a large smile spreads across his face, "hey josh!" he exclaims excitedly, rolling on his back so he's staring up at josh.

tyler's eyelashes are fluttering and he's pulling his lip between his teeth as josh glances down at him, humming slightly. "your hair is the same as ariels!" tyler notes enthusiastically, reaching up to toy with the red curls that fall on josh's forehead.

josh chuckles fondly and reaches up and takes tylers hand away from his hair and intertwines tyler's fingers with his own. "it is, sweetheart. i'm thinking about dying it again soon though, what colour do you think i should i dye it?" josh questions, tyler's cheeks flush pink at the nickname and he ponders thoughtfully.

tyler hums and allows his eyes to flicker back to the movie for a moment, "i-i dunno, maybe you could do my favourite colour?" tyler mumbles cutely, his eyes cast downwards.

"yea of course ty, and what might that be?" josh questions sweetly, rubbing patterns on the back of tyler's hand. tyler blushes, and coughs nervously before answering. "p-purple," he smiles shyly, gazing up at josh.

"i think i'll dye it purple then," josh grins, tyler smiles back up at him before rolling over and returning to the film. its a few minutes later before either of them say anything.

"tyler? can you pause it for a sec?" josh requests nervously, tyler obliges and sits up from josh's lap and leans into his side, sighing contently.
"i wont- i wont be able to see you again for a while after tomorrow," josh begins and tyler's breathing stops and he pulls away from josh slightly.

oh god- tyler knew he fucked up at the restaurant earlier! he should've just apologised and left. tyler furrows his brow and his bottom lip begins to quiver, "do you not like me anymore?" he barely whispers, his eyes cast towards the floor.

josh's eyes widen before rushing out a jumble of words "oh no of course not sweetheart, of course not." he pulls tyler into his chest again and begins placing feather light kisses to the top of his head.

"its just that, me and my band are going to europe for a month to do some shows." josh explains, picking his words carefully. "oh," tyler mumbles into josh's neck.

"i promise i'll text and call you, and when i come back i'll come and see you straight away, okay?" tyler nods carefully, wrapping his arms around josh's torso. "okay," he breathes out shakily, he feels silly for getting so upset.

tyler had almost forgotten that josh was the drummer in his favourite band, the band that sells out shows all over the world and that he would be out of town on a regular basis. surprisingly though, josh hadn't really spoken much about it; in his head tyler didn't even know the name of the band he was in.

tyler buries his head further into josh's chest and closes his eyes, he's in the arms of his favourite band member right now, in his favourite band members apartment. holy shit.

upon this realisation, tyler wants to scream; but he doesnt, because that would be weird right? its quiet for a few moments until josh speaks up once more, "hey tyler?" he begins.

tyler pulls away from josh's embrace and situates himself next to him once again, crossing his legs on the sofa.
he hums questionably, awaiting josh's reply.

"can i- can i kiss you?" josh asks nervously, his gaze meeting tylers. there's a moments silence as tyler flushes red and a thousand thoughts begin clouding his head at once.

one stands out in particular though, so he tries not to worry about the part of him that says 'if i kiss him, i'll get sick and die.' he simply looks josh in the eye, tugging his bottom lip between his teeth before nodding.

"yea," he breathes, and before he can finish josh is pressing his soft rose petal lips against tyler's, and for once in his life; tyler doesn't feel nervous.